My last period was jan 22 it's now feb 28 could I miss it completely because its a short month? My breast have been sore and I have been having some back pain but mostly just when I'm laying on my back.could I be pregnant? 

Did you have unprotected sex since your last period? No you will not miss a month just because its a short month. Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Yes I have and yes I took a test this afternoon it came back neg. it was a cheap one idk if that makes a difference or not also, I keep having sharp oains in my boobs and the soreness in my breasts will come and will they will be very painful then it will disappear. 

Have you taken the test in the morning with your first urine of the day? It is the most concentrated to get the levels high enough to pick up on the home pregnancy test. The price of the test does not matter. With my son I got a positive on a dollar store test but a negative on one that was really expensive. If you keep getting negative and no period after its two weeks late you need to go to your doctor to have them do a blood pregnancy test. Hope this helps you.