I am a 20 year old college students scared to death! Me and my boyfriend had sex while I was on my period...I also jus started taking Ortho tri cyclen birth control pills however I heard that they are not effective untill after the first week. When we had sex I had only taken the pill for 2 days...and I took the 3rd one later that day after we had sex. We started out using a condom however when we were done and he got off me we noticed that the condom was broke and he came inside of me.....so my question is could I be pregant??!! This happened 6 days ago...howver this morning I've been experiencing severe lower abdominal cramps and leg cramps like im about to start my period but no bleeding. My stomach has been bubbling too from time to time. Its too late for plan b pill!....I'm really freaking out--- COULD I REALLY BE PREGNANT??!!!!

I am in the same situation so i feel your worry! I'm in college too, so i understand the stress! Me and boyfriend had unprotected sex where he actually ejaculated in me several times after starting the pill (only after the 1st day, i know how stupid). Did you begin the pill on your 1st day of your period? I did. I'm on Kariva and my pill packet said that if you start on day 1 of your period than you are protected and you dont need back up forms of birth control. however its been 3 weeks since then, and i cant eat anything without getting sick. im also having lower backaches and sthomach cramps. Plan B is effective up to 5 days after possible conception, so if this was in the last 5 days then you could possibly get the emergency contraceptive pill. However, if you are experiencing cramps and still no period, call your doctor and hopefully its just a side effect of the pill. I'm still waiting on my period, so i feel your worry! Best of luck to you!

No I didn't start the pill on day one on my period.....I heard that the chances of getting pregnant are slim to none when u have sex on you period....how true is that? does anyone know??

its hard to say, because ive heard yes and ive heard no on the chances of getting pregnant during your period. I know of a few people who have gotten pregnant on their period, it really all depends on your cycle lengths and how regular you are. If you are someone who typically has a 28 day cycle then chances are you will ovulate on day 14 of your cycle (mid-cycle). However, if you experience a cycle that is longer than 28 days or shorter, then it is possible you could ovulate during your period. Sperm can stay in your body for up to 5 days, some argue 7 and some say 3 days at most. However, its a lot harder to get pregnant on your period because there isn't an egg to be fertilized while on your period, so as yucky as it sounds, the sperm gets "washed-out" with your period. However, if you had sex at the very end of your cycle, and you ovulate a few days later, you could in fact get pregnant. My best advice is if you are worried, take a home pregnancy test. It may ease your mind a bit or you may just want to wait and see if you miss your period. the symptoms you were talking about earlier as far as the cramping and leg pains, if you just got off your period, it could just be a side effect of the new birth control you started.. Call your doctor or consult with a healthcare provider, it may help ease your mind or get you the answers your looking for! best of luck!

ok so me and my boyfriend has sex and i think it was the second day i was on the pill he never ejaculated up me because i thought i could get pregnant so i told him to stop way before. but i wake up in the morning really dizzy, and im never really hungry. my pill makes it so i only have my period every 2-3 months so im not sure if i werent on it if i missed my period or not. should i stop taking the pill and see if i get my period?