I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this, but I can't find anything. I've heard that even though implantation bleeding is usually just spotting, it is possible for it to be nearly as heavy as a period in some cases.

By the way, sorry if anyone is offended by the gross details, I just wanna make sure I get my point across as clearly as possible. :-D

My periods are almost always irregular, having anywhere from a 30 to 45 day cycle, rarely longer than that. But it always follows the same pattern for the flow: Very heavy for 2 days with severe cramps and usually headaches, lighter for a day with mild cramps, then spotting for a few days.

I got my period around October 28th, and had unprotected sex some time between November 17-19, which is when I believe I was ovulating. December 3-4 I had very light spotting, only noticeable when I wiped. I had sex on the night of December 4, and the spotting stopped until pretty late on the 6th. It was still very light spotting but heavier than it was before. On the 7th it got a little heavier, and on the 8th it could have been mistaken for a light period. It stayed like that until around the 11th, when it stopped almost suddenly. I only had cramps for one night and they were nothing compared to my usual cramps, and there were almost no clots either, usually there are a lot. I took a pregnancy test around the 8th and it was negative, but I'm thinking that it might have been a bit early at that point.

Today (January 8) I believe my period would have been "late", but like I said, they're normally irregular so I'm not worried. But the only thing is that I've been feeling like my PMS is about a billion times worse than normal, usually it's not that bad. Could I still be pregnant? Has anyone else been in this situation, or even just had heavy implantation bleeding?

most of these posts i come across searching the internet have been years old...when i read the last part mentioning that jan. 8th you would have been late i realized this was a current post ! yay!

and not only that..our cycles seem to be almost exactly alike, that is nuts...my last period was even oct. 28th....but i do think i ovulated later than you say you did....i had what i thought was implantation bleeding last tuesday, the 28th of december....i still am not sure what is going on....the morning of the 28th it was kind of spotty red/brown and later in the day, when i wipe it was red with a few small clots in it..i put a tampon in thinking i was starting my period..but when i went to change it later there was nothing else there...it just abruptly stopped and didn't come back o.O

now today i have been crampy and my back hurts..everything hurts...i am short of breath no matter how relaxed i am and i think maybe i am starting my period ?....i had some light, watery bleeding earlier today w/ some brown mixed in..it has kind of tapered off a bit now..but i am thinking there may still be spotting tomorrow..i'm not sure.....soi don't really really think i am pregnant....but i have never had that sort of bleeding a week before my period is supposed to start......and the past couple of weeks i have had quite a few symptoms that would be hard for an eager mind to mimic or convince myself of having them...such as feeling very faint/lightheaded at onepoint, feltlike i really was about to faint and had to lean against a wall for a moment..been so gassy..so so gassy..i even feel it bubbling in my tummy and it makes me feel like i have butterflies in my stomach..and i am constipated ! ....another thing that i found to be odd is that a couple weeks ago, before any of this had crossed my mind..for a week i was in a fantastic mood..nothing could bring me down, i was completely elated and blissful..for no reason i can think of..now it's gone just as mysteriously as it came :/ ...could definitely mean nothing, but it does make me curious..

and MY BACK HURTS SO BAD RIGHT NOW.....i can't sleep......and i have a headache

would love to know if you are pregnant whenever you find out for sure !

best of luck :-)

OH ..and to answer your first question...i don't know for sure by my own experience...but i have heard from many mothers and pregnant women that they have had a heavier type of implantation..it is certainly possible....anyone who says it isn't doesn't know what they are talking about....but of course, it also isn't going to always be implantation bleeding..whether it is just light spotting or heavier

Opinions vary, but everyone will tell you that an implantation bleeding is always lighter than your period. It can be heavier than just a streak of blood on your toilet paper, though. A friend of mine had that happen and really thought she was having her period early at first, but then it stopped, and she got a positive pregnancy test. So heavier implantation bleedings can happen, though they will still be lighter than your normal period. 

Even though your period is irregular, if you think you're late, I think I would already take a test. The waiting would kill me. But if it is negative, still be aware that you may still be pregnant and that you will want to take another test later on. 

Yay, it's good to know that I'm not the only one with as weird of a cycle as mine, and not only that but going through the same thing! I'll definitely keep you updated on whats going on, and you (as well as anyone who might post here in the future) need to keep us updated as well! :-D

I told my boyfriend the news last night, I didn't tell him before so he wouldn't be worried about it if it was just my period. We talked it over, and I think we decided to wait a few days before I test. But I can't take this suspense, I might just go to the dollar store during my lunch break and pick up a few tests, lol.

Original poster here, sorry for the late reply, it's taken a while to adjust to my new schedule at work. Anyway, I was doing a bit more research about this a few days ago and found out about Decidual Bleeding. Here's a definition from a website that I found, incase anyone is wondering.

Quote:

Another common cause of bleeding/spotting during the first trimester is something called decidual bleeding. Decidual bleeding occurs in early pregnancy, before the lining of the uterus has completely attached to the placenta. During this time, a part of the lining of the uterus can be shed, causing decidual bleeding. This sort of bleeding/spotting during the first trimester is thought to be caused by an imbalance of hormones. Decidual bleeding is not thought to be in any way dangerous or harmful to you or to your growing baby. Still, because you cannot be certain on your own that your bleeding or spotting during the first trimester is decidual bleeding, you should always contact your health care provider if you have any severe bleeding during the first trimester, or really at any time during pregnancy.

Anyway, I got a lighter than normal period Jan 13th, it was heavy for one day and light for about 2 days after that. I took a few pregnancy tests, one the day after my last post and one today (Jan 21). Both came back negative. But I have been having tons of pregnancy symptoms, I'm not sure if they're in my head or caused by stress or what. I usually have a really strong stomach, but I have been getting nauseous at least 3 or 4 times a day. I've been really moody, feeling lightheaded and dizzy, strange food cravings, being cold all the time, etc. According to the tests I'm not pregnant though, so I guess I'll wait a few months and see.

Take care everyone, and if you post don't forget to keep us updated on your results!

I don't know if anyone is still on this topic but I'm going through this now. I've always gotten my period the same time each month like clockwork. Last month (october) I ovulated on the 5th or 6th. Had sex on the 3rd and 6th, my period was suppose to start the 21st. After 5 days I took a hpt. Past experiences after a test with a negative result I always got my period the next day. So the test was negative and i got my period the 28th. I for some reason, just didn't believe I wasn't pregnant. It was a watery light light pink that lasted 7 days. Which a normal period lasts 4 to 5 days and is real heavy the 2nd and 3rd day only. But my last period was very light at times then heavy at times. I've been eating a ton more then I normally do. I've always been thin (105-108lbs) and could see my abs if I tightened my belly and now i look like i did at 4 months with my daughter 3 years ago. I just feel different but I'm not sure if its just in ny head. But I've had headaches and had cramping that wasn't period cramps it just felt different. My first pregnancy i didn't know until I was already 11 weeks! But i don't remember anything from before i found out. So i almost feel new to this if i am pregnant. But I was just wondering if any of you were pregnant or if it was just a weird month. PLEASE REPLY!!!! 

So right after my period me and my boyfriend has been having unprotected sex for 3weeks now and he ejaculated in me each time we did it...I started having this pink blood on my underwear and the following day it got heavier its has been so for 3 days nw and the flow got lighter....I got irregular periods so I'm not sure if it is my periods or implantation bleeding...I am very curious and need 2 knw what's going on plz reply!

ok so i am having the weirdest period right now and i have looked all over the place trying to figure out what it could be and i cant figure it out, on a normal cycle my first day of the period is light then its pretty heavy untill the last day its light and then stops, well this period it was really super light for two days, it didn't even look like a normal period it was a weird pink ish brown color and i had no other sighn ofs a period, then it all of a sudden stops then two days later i get my period again only this time it is really really heavy like way heavier then it normally is, i usaully only get a little bit of cramps nothing to bad and maybe a head ache on one of the days but this time i have had horrible cramps that seem to last all day and a horrible head ach ive also had sense i started if i include the two days weird light part of the period ive been on my cycle for 5 days going on 6 which also is weird my cycle is usaully only about 3 days long any ideas if this is normal or not?

I'm experiencing something similar to yours actually!!! I ovulated the week of February 6-11th, and my husband and I did the 'deed' every night. All last week I 'felt' pregnant, eating more than usual, bursting into tears with mood swings, and just utter exhaustion! Just three days ago, (the 15th) I had very light spotting, and it was pink/brown, (we were positive we were pregnant by this point!) this spotting came and went for two days, not enough to rush out of me, but there when I used the washroom. That was until yesterday (the 17th). Suddenly I had a 'gush' feeling, and I went to the bathroom and luckily had a sanitary napkin with me, I have since filled two. I have a very bright red period now, yet a light fluid, with a lot of clots rushing out when I used the washroom. Normally my period feels 'heavy'; this fluid does not feel like this. My period isn't due yet for another week, so I'm not sure what to think, I'm feeling a little down on myself, hoping I haven't miscarried. I did a test yesterday, but it said negative, but it's probably too soon to tell. I'm going to do another one on Wednesday this week (two days from now) hoping for different results.
I haven't found a lot online about this, and have been asking my 'mommy group' on facebook, but no one has seemed to have the same symptoms as me. Some are saying my cycle is off, or maybe I didn't calculate properly, but I don't think so, my cycle doesn't just go 'wonky'.

Best of luck to you, hope this helps.

me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex everytime we have sex, and (he pulls out) well since we started having sex (3-2 times) a day, I've gotten really nauseous,fatigue,lose of appetite etc. well on valentines day we had sex at least 6-7 times some right after another and threw out the day. and the next day 3 times.( i no like bunnies)  well on the come time my period was supposed to start i was three days late, and than was spotting for two days, than me and my boyfriend had sex to get my period to come. is there any way that i could be pregnant and still have a period or what? 

Could having somewhat heavy bleeding 5 days late for 1 day and then spotting 3 days be a sign of pregnancy?

So i thought I may be pregnant. But my period came one week early and is kinda heavy but not really clotting. My breasts are bigger, I am bloated, sick to my stomach (no vomiting), food cravings (salty foods), mild headaches, etc. I am just curious if this is heavy implantation bleeding since it is a week early or if possibly do your cycles change with age? I am going to be 32 in 3 months. I would love to be pregnant again me and my boyfriend are trying. I did however get my tubes clipped 4 1/2 years ago and I know they can go back together with years. Please help

Ok so I wanted to tell what I'm going through now. Last lmp March 19th so O. day was expected April 1-2 / f March 28- 4/3 and It is now 4/21 . Im always reg. 27-29 day cycle and always light,heavy few days then slow down/stop few hours then start heavy then slow down and stop within 1-5 days. So this time  expected period day/night April 16th I started spotting brown then pink went to med./heavy next am and only filled one tampon then stopped...for a while then just spotting...back to med. /heavy again and stopped again, to spotting light bleeding on and off now for 4/5 days.. weird..Took test and all neg. going to wait till this spotting stops to take another test. I think It's implantion bleeding because it's not normal for this to happen. :) I have 2 test left and i'll write back and let yall know if I'm prego or not! I have 3 boys already ...This would be my last! Age 30 now

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!! ok so i have an irregular period as well and me and my bf had unprotected sex on 4/4 and i didn't spot at all but i was having symptoms like craving foods my nipples and aerola were itching headaches nausea, mood swings etc. and then we had unprotected sex on 4/15 and i was suppose to come on my period on 4/16 but i was two days late. still no spotting but my cervical mucous changed from clear and stretchy to milky and thick. (sorry for the vivid detail) my bf and i are trying to conceive. my period usually last 7 days, but in march i had a period that lasted 14 days. im bleeding now and having mild cramps and its bright red with little strings of clots. I NEED AN ANSWER!!! my bf and i are really trying to conceive and we're confused if this is heavy implantation a period or miscarriage. BTW im 17 years old. 

OMG! this is happening to me right now! Please tell me your preganant?!! get back to me soon please!