Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with a rare condition. A third kidney is discovered within him. I would like to know if it can have the same function as the regular ones. Does anyone know something more about this? I would appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hello, there. This condition is very rare. However, usually if there is a third kidney, it is rudimentary. It means that it does not function properly. However, if the function of other two is normal, your friend should not worry a lot. He should consult a specialist about this. Let him find out if there is some danger of this. I hope everything will be all right with your client. Good luck to all. Bye!

Celebrity
If you put in the search box at the top " i have 3 kidneys" There is a big topic about it. I follow it as my daughter has a duplex kidney. One of her kidneys has 2 parts to it. Its called having 2 chambers. That kidney functions fully but she has a lot of infections.

Here is the link to the "I have 3 kidneys" thread

https://www.steadyhealth.com/I_have_3_kidneys__t81012.html

Thanks CaroleL.

Hi, I have three distinct kidney's , one on the left and two on the right (the third one is half the size of the other kidneys) all three kidneys are fully functioning, I'm 49 this year and lead a normal active life, just eat fairly healthy and drink plenty of water.

Hi I was born with a third kidney, I’m now 50 years old and living a normal life, often they remove the extra kidney, I have refused the operation. To keep my kidney healthy I drink 2ltrs of water a day, avoid alcohol it puts a lot of strain on the kidneys, eat a balanced diet I follow the eat well plate if you look it up. Try avoid infections as it can really take its toll, my friends avoid me if they have flu Etc. When I start with mild kidney pain I drink at least a ltd of cranberry juice a day for 7 days this usually does the trick if not it’s Antibiotics.
This has worked for me, I give this information freely and without prejudice. Good luck to your friend