I’ve noticed that my eyes are irritated, my nose is itchy and I have similar allergic reactions after swimming. I think that is because I’m allergic to chlorine. I don’t know what to do, because it would be really disappointing if I’d have to quit swimming due to the allergic reaction. What do you suggest me? Is there a medicine for that kind of allergy?

I don’t think that you’re allergic to chlorine. It’s only that you’re a bit sensitive to chemicals for pool sanitization and in any case you should see a dermatologist. I think that a real allergy to chlorine is not so frequent and it’s characterized by rash under armpits and crotches and it can be pretty severe. Since you don’t have such symptoms it’s very unlikely that you’re allergic to chlorine. In fact, sometimes instead of chlorine for sanitization is used bromine, but allergy to bromine is also not frequent. There are treatments for such reactions, and maybe you can start wearing goggles, because your eyes are probably very sensitive. Don’t start about quitting swimming as soon as the first problems appear. There are medications for everything, and you can solve your problem easily.