Hi, I am cold all the time at first I thought it was because of poor circulation due to anemia, but now I’m starting to believe it could be related to thyroid dysfunction. I feel weak lately, I haven’t got enough energy and have constipation. Am I anemic or could it be a thyroid problem?

Many people who are anemic have fatigue and weakness. There can be muscle ache, resulting from deficiency in oxygen due to the anemia. Anyway, you need to check level of iron, hemoglobin and red blood cells, in order to determine whether you are anemic. However, anemia is normally developed in hypothyroidism due to decreased need for oxygen in slowed down metabolism. So, metabolic treatment including effective thyroid hormone therapy may relieve the symptoms of both the anemia and hypothyroidism. I don’t believe that you have problems with thyroid gland , because they are more severe than just being cold. But, you need a professional examination to get a correct diagnose.