My sister was diagnosed in November 2008 with Oligoastrocytoma 2/3. She lives in Germany. She has just read that there is a breakthrough in treatment. There is a new kind of nuclear radiation available. This is no longer clinical but to be used on patients. Even the public health insurance of Germany pays for it. She still does not know much about it as it was just broadcast a few days ago. So she does not know who is eligible for it, if you have to be far advanced or what. I have a link to the article in German so if can have some translate it for you to understand it:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I was 29 when I was diagnosed with anaplastic astrocytoma. I had a CT scan after having a minor seizure. In August of 2007 I had surgery at UCLA to remove the tumor from the right frontal lobe of my brain. The surgery was sucessful accept for the temporary paralysis on my left side. Strength came back after months of physical therapy. I had 6 weeks of radiation and just finished two years of chemotherapy (Temodar). I have check-up MRI's every 3 months and all have come back clear. The Doc's say I'm doing great.

I give all the glory to Jesus Christ my Savior and thank all my friends and family who fervently prayed for me. I you are going through this keep a positive attitude and stay healthy.

E-mail me if need any info

Hi everyone,
I'm 55 and have just been diagnosed with astrocytoma gr III, which is inoperable in my case. I'll be starting radiation tiogether with Temodar for 6 weeks and then continue with tamodar. I'm really scared that after the treatment my life will never be the same, and how can I get through the treatment? I'v got a lot of support, but my dark moments sometimes take over my days. it's so good to hear from you guys that there's hope, this is not a death sentence. I have so many people I have to live for and I'm praying to God that I can make it through this ordeal. Thanks for the encoutiging stories. God bless you all!
Marta

I am a 54 year old female. Recently diagnosed AA grade 3, following a seizure. Well that was the start of the snowball. Within a week of that seizure, I had surgery, and waited a month for the pathology results. So far the atteak lpan is radiation and chemo. I haven't met with the radiation-oncologist yet, only the chemo has been discussed. Neurologically I am doing great, no problems, left & right sides are at equal strength.
Any suggestions on how to deal with all of this? Teador is the chemo choice, and from what I understand, is the general course of action. I have no idea of what to exect as far as the radiation goes. All thoughts are more than welcome!

Hi there, my wife has lived through a AA grade 3 and is doing great. She had surgery on Feb 2, 2009, 35 radiology treatments, and Temodar 5 days on with 28 off. With all of that being said the only bad experiences were when they increased her Temodar from 140mg to 250mg. She was very sick and weak for weeks. She has gone back to 140 and is doing very well by taking anti nausea meds in advance. I want to encourage you to make sure that you are comfortable with your Dr's and to "ALWAYS" get a sewcond opinion. We had a few over the course that we were not pleased with and requested different care. To date we have ended up with the best that would could have asked for. The MRI's are coming back clear and "NO" change. My wife has always had a lot of faith in GOD and his powers and I am coming around as well as I watch her "LIVE". I wish you the best and will prayer for you to have Courage, Faith, and a Long Life.

Dave and Nancy Yanosko
Erie Pa.

[/img]

Hi.
My Father was diagnosed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade 3 Jan.19th 2010 the tumor is located in an area that is inoperable..the Nero Surgeon that diagnosed him started him on Temodar/radiation he has completed all the treatments and was never sick felt pretty good..an MRI was done last week..we learned the results yesterday it was not good the tumor has progressed..its like nothing even worked...the oncologist is starting him this coming Friday on aggressive Chemotherapy intravenously..the Dr. feels that they can get it with this type of Chemo..we have a strong faith in God and believe that he will see my Dad thru this...and we are staying positive..the Neuro surgeon told me you can usually only live 2 years with treatment..I would like feedback about this...is this really so?

My Dad is very healthy right now and in good frame of mind he is in the 95 percent range per the Neuro Dr. which is good he has a will to live..wants to see his grandchildren grow up..i guess I want to know if anyone out there that has this uncurable disease how long have you lived with it without surgery?..and what prognosis has the Dr. given you?

thank you all so much. my best friend was just diagnosed and reading your posts has given me hope that she will survive. you are all amazing.

My husband 51 was diagnosed this Jan 26,2010, he has stage 3 anaplastic astrocytoma with some 4 in there as well. He finished 33 treatments of radtion along with temodar. We are now on triple the dose of temodar for five days on and 23 days off. The tumor in inoperatable, it is in the right thalamus part of the brain. The tumor has not shrunk and they have found another tumor growing. He has asked what is my prognosis and they give him the run around. I read all the brochures and know it is not very good. I would like to know what is the stages he may go through???

Hi I feel very sorry!!!

I would straight say you will not survie and chances are very less. Because my Brother had same tumor in spinal cord Anaplastic astrocytoma grade II which kept on growing to grade IV even when he was in chemotheraphy & Radiation course. It damaged his complet body, he was paralyse both legs & hand hypersenstive with sever pain, his bowl moments stopped, lost sensation in legs, hands & up to chest.

We tryied homepathy, went to kerla Kottaikal, treated him in BIO nothing helped him......???????? He expired in 2009 sep 1st in hosiptal itself atlast........9845912417 for info you can get in touch

Hi, 46 was diagnosed grade III ana astrocytoma in jan 2006. Still here thanks to prayers and friends and a lovely angel of wife god has given me. I had chimo, radio and no surgery. It is located in my cerebellum and no operation goes. It is growing further since 12 months after 4 years of sleep and calm. Have lost balance more and wonder if anyone else has the same problem. I am a believer and want to beat this. It has made me grow and mature like I am a new and better person. Hopte the avastin will slow it down and hope to be around when CURE is found. Wish all of us strength and courage. WHY FEAR IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD.

I'm 21 years-old and I was diagnosed with an anaplastic astrsytoma (benign) tumor, stage four, when I was 12.  We monitored it with MRIs every six months.  The location was in my brainstem and it was blocking brain fluid from getting out of my head so I had surgery to create another passageway for the fluid.  Then I went home and went on with my life.  It was just something that I would have to live with.  Then on June 30, 2010, my tumor fed on blood vessels in my brain, resulting in bleeding since it ruptured (similar to a stroke).  Because the bleed was on my right side, I am basically paralyzed on my left.  It has been 14 months and I have yet to walk.  I had a resection on October 1, 2010 where the neurosurgeon removed 90% of the tumor.  Now, my new neurologist wants me to do radiation and chemo to remove the last 10% before it gets bigger. Are there any (natural) alternatives?  I have one month to decide.  Thank you for your help.

Hi- I am new here and writing because today my 65 yr old sister in law was diagnosed with Anaplastic astrocytoma stage 3 with infiltration (roots)

I ahve not read thru all the previous ones but have any of you done alternative (natural) treatment along with your chemo and radiation?

I know I can learn a lot from you all and hope that I may be able to share some of what I will be learning as well.

Right now we are all in shock, I am sure you can relate!

I was diagnosed with a tumor that after surgery an histological analysis appeared to be anaplastic astrocytoma. At first i was terrified too but then somehow started to think that i will die once anyway so nothing extraordinary has not happened and there is no reason to worry especially because it does not help. I do not know if it is the right attitude. Just yesterday I finished the postsurgical radiotherapy and day after tomorrow will be the last day of chemotheraphy (temozolomide). So let me wish good luck to all of us! :)

Hello, my 25 year old daughter just had surgery June 13 2012 with the same diag. as you. She had a set back a week later as she was leaking fluid. So another week in the hospital. They did a spinal puncture to drain the fluids. Afterwards she has been suffering with terrible headaches . Her doctor has tried hard to not have to put in a shunt. They are given her til this Monday July 9 th see if they are to do a blood plug to stop the leakage. On July 5th we saw her doctor ( surgeon ) and the oncology doctor for the final results which are the ones you described. We were told that she will do temodar and radiation for six weeks. Then a month off . Then a MRI . Also they mentioned chemo again for a year. I reading your post and thank you for The info on the meds and the tricks to feeling well. She was told to denim fluids. Any foods, drinks or any thing else you can help us with please do. Hope you are doing well. Thank you , thank you so much. Linda. My email is lait2u@ aol.com