I was just rear ended in a car accident. I am pregnant (baby checked out okay), but I am not allowed to get chest or back x-rays due to the risk of radiation harming my baby. I have a pain in my rib-cage that borders excruciating when I breath deep, sneeze, cough, laugh, cry, move, etc. I know that x-ray is the best way to diagnose a cracked or fractured rib. However, is there an alternative way to determine if that is the case. I want an accurate medical report for my insurance company, however, this remains undocumented due to my inability to receive an x-ray.