Hello, I have cramps inbetween my periods and during this time I have clear slimey mucus that comes when I use the restroom. I only have the mucus after using the restroom and it is just like a period but clear slime like hanging from vagina. I am 28 years old and no am not preg. My periods are irregular now and tend to start a day or two later each month. I have had no history of any infections or anything. I have 3 healthy children youngest is 1 1/2 yrs old the slimey mucas began after he was born. My periods are different now too. They seem to be thicker then they use to be and arent lasting as long. My periods use to go for 7 or 8 days very heavy always with heavy cramps but now last only 5 to 6 days and are more slimey and thick like still with cramps, but now I have cramps between periods also. For example my period ended July28th today is Aug 6th and I have had cramps all day today. About 10mths ago I went to my doctor concerned about being tired alot, some headaches, and low metabolism he took blood test and assured me all my hormone levels and every thing was fine I was a very healthy girl and blamed the being tired on having 3 children. I told him my mother thought I possibley had diabetes or was starting the change of life early. He assured me none of which was true. Since that appointment I have been ignoring this things because I dont want to be accused of being paraniod so to speak again, but I am getting concerned with the cramping and thick slimey mucus and the fact that my periods are thicker and more slimey like. Has anyone else had this type of issues or is it just me? Does anyone know what is going on is it normal or not? Should I be concerned and try to go back to the doctor with a list of issues?

You stated that your period ended on the 28th and now you are having cramps and slimey mucus. Just like me 9 days later you are ovulating or getting ready to ovulate which is why you are crampy. The slimey mucus is egg white fertile cervical mucus. My period ended on the 20th of July, I ovulated on the 29th. You say that your period is irregular because it moves back two days each month. That is extremely regular. My cycle is exactly 28 days long and is moving to the beging of the month. For example I got my period on June 18th then in July I got it on the 16th this month it will be on the 14th well, I hope not as I am in the two week wait hoping for baby #2. You sound very healthy as the doctor told you. I hope all is well.
God Bless.

See your periods are getting earlier 2 days each mth and it is the same mine are not. example period begin dates feb 15, march 15, april 18, may 19, june 22 and july 21. see my periods are all messed up jumping all around but seem to be going later and later. Thank you for the comments I have never heard about the egg thing so that was helpful as though I did not know you could cramp during that time or that it was normal, because when I have talked to friends and family about it noone else has ever did it but finally hearing other ppl going through it is some relief. Again thank you for your input it is nice hearing that it isnt just me.

Your welcome, sorry I couldn't be of too much help. Again, I hope all is well. God Bless

Hi I have some similar problems or symptoms rather as you. My periods are very irregular and always have been, i appear to miss every third period. I too have a lot of cramps and what appears to be rectal mucous. I was wondering did you get any answers on this?

ksd wrote:

i wanted to tell you that i too have been having mucus inbetween periods and my periods have been coming later and later also. i just had a baby five months ago. i never had this problem before and like you my periods are different but my are heavier and longer instead of shorter. also a friend of mine can FEEL her ovaries ovulating. she knows which side she is ovulating from. that is odd to me but apparently age and birthing children do strange things to a body so if your doctor is telling you that you are ok i would listen because STRESS is a major cause of your periods acting up also. good luck and if you find out anything different i would like to know.

So if Ive had regular periods and never had bad cramps but now after turning 24 which isn't that old Im getting cramps so bad I can't get out of bed without crying and they will last for days at a tine and I've never had a weird clear discharge until these horrible cramps started and I've been missing periods. I've also never given birth or had a miscarriage. I'm at my wits end because the doctors say I'm fine but I know my body and this isn't normal for me.

I'm 21 next month and no birth control, no misscariage, and no kids. i've been told i can't. for almost 6 weeks now i have been suffering from cramping off and on. untill today it was manageable. earlyer today i had a very thick clear mucus discharge after urinateing which has never happened before, there was no odor or texture to it. my cramps are getting worse and i don't honestly know what to think. plz let me know if any of you have any suggestions as to whats going on with me.

I'm having cramps through the break between my periods and I don't know what's wrong. It's been happening for almost two months now and I'm getting worried.

Have you been tested for endo metriosis??? And if they told you you can't have kids, unless there is a physical reason, don't necessarily believe it. My friend was told she would never, EVER have kids and she is proudly the mother of 3, all concieved naturally. Sometimes you get told that so you aren't dissappointed if it doesn't happen.

to the original question this happens to me every single month most things i read say its ovulation and if it last more than 2-3 days or you have fever or heavy blood discharge to see your doctor but other than that i wouldnt worry too much about it and btw no children no miscarriages one sex partner 20 years old and my periods are also irregular usually more irregular the more stressed i am but my cycle when it was regular was usually 34 days rather than 28 which is somewhat irregular and confusing when your trying to keep track which could be your issue your cycle may have changed after your child im not absolutly sure on that part but i  just thought id let you know your not the only one with these symptoms and longer more irregular periods each month even though i am younger with no children :) i hope i eased some worries

Same problem headaches and all.what is it?

I hurt down to my bones during periods, have clots the size of grapefruits, and horrible cramps. It starts days before period and I am 4 days post period and the pain has been nonstop in the bones of my legs and period cramp pain. I told my friend it feels like a huge clot is coming again. Just went pee, mucus the size of an orange came out. Still in pain though, was hoping that was the end. I am guessing it's endometriosis. I'll go to doctor soon and post back on here, if that will help you at all. I would have thought the mucus was ovulation, but 4 days after my period stopped??? I just don't know. But 2 Weeks of sooo much pain is killing me. Ibprofen does nothing... They say use heating pad, take warm showers, light exercise... Nothing.really helps. Hope you find answers.