Hi - I'm a 21 yr old female who's been experiencing chronic upset stomach, headaches/migraines, fatigue, inability to concentrate as well as intermittent anxiety, severe PMS, late periods, cold hands and feet. I am so ill that I have had to drop out of school. This has gone on for 8 months now, but before that I was problem free.

I've had several blood tests - all indicating "normal" thyroid, "normal" hormone levels, and no diabetes. I've had an ultrasound to check for fibroids and cysts, but the procedure revealed there are none.

My doctor initially diagnosed me with depression (total BS), but his most recent diagnosis is fibromyalgia. I am not at all confident that I've received an accurate diagnosis.

Does anyone have similar problems? What have you learned?

I appreciate any help.

Yes I feel the exact same as you do, im 23 years old and still havent found an answer. doctors just dont do much these days, but because of being sick all the time I miss out on everything all the time. im still looking for answers and I wont stop looking intill I feel better. but remember your not alone, if you here any new, news please let me know thanks

Sweetie,
From all of your symptoms and take it from me, trust that I know. I've had the ugly disease and all of its many symptoms for years...Yes, it sounds like fibromyalgia. The older I got, the worst my symptoms got, I've given birth 3 times and after each birth, my symptoms grew more and more out of control.
I am praying for a cure.

Angel

My boyfriend is 17 years old and he had no symptoms until about a month ago. He has been to the doctor almost every day this month, took a UA, Cat Scan, Ultrasound and still they havent found anything, at first they tried to blame it on his smoking habit. All they have done is give him pain killers and nothing is helping. He has hot flashes, severe nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue etc. His bowels are fine, he doesnt want to eat and he's lost like 10 lbs. I dont know whats wrong and I'm really worried. Tonight he had a really bad hot flash and he started crying because the pain was so intense. And he doesnt cry. I hope they find something soon, he is getting something done where they anesthetize him and go down his throat with a scope on monday. I really hope that its not too terribly severe to where he could die before they find whats wrong... I hope you find out whats going on too

I'm 25. I've had chornic pain, mild headaches, and fatigue for as long as I can remember. I don't remember what it feels like to not be tired. Since October, however, things have gotten much worse. Aches and pains, severe headaches, extreme exhaustion, severe neck pain, nausea, tooth aches, problems with my skin, heart palpitations, extreme anger and irritability that I can't seem to control. I just want my life back. I want to feel better. I was originally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but now I'm not so sure. I've had sleep studies, and blood work, all fine. I just had an MRI done, don't have the results back yet but obviously nothing major. Was tested for Lyme's Disease, don't have the results for that either. I did find something called Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity which fit all of my symptoms. It sounds way out there but the U.K. has recongnized it as a real disorder even though the U.S. has not yet. But there was a time when cancer "wasn't real" either. I hope it's not the case though because the only option is to change my entire life, including my job. So I'm looking for something different for now until there's nothing left. I just want to feel better.

You might want to check if you have a brain tumor or any kind of tumor. i actually felt the same way for a while and i am going to go see if i have a tumor.

I am also a 21 year old female, and also have all the exact same symptoms, the worst being the debilitating exhaustion. I'm really shocked but kind of relieved that I found someone else with the same issues! I too even dropped out of college because of this! I can barely work 4 days a week, I rest and sleep pretty much all day every day for the rest of the week. I've been googling and web md'ing the symptoms for months, and I just get "depression" "hypothyroidism" and "fibromyalgia/ chronic fatigue syndrome". Never have I heard from someone else who has the same problem. I don't buy the depression diagnosis, I've had depression on and off for as long as i can remember, and it's never done this to me - and in fact, I'm not really all that depressed right now. I am about to get a thyroid test, as soon as my health insurance kicks in, but if it's not hypothyroidism, I don't know what to do...as someone else mentioned, doctors aren't interested/willing to REALLY figure out what's wrong.They just say no diagnosis, you just have to deal with it. Or I geuss it could be fibromyalgia/CFS. I'm also scared that if it IS fibromyalgia/CFS, that a) there's no CURE! and b)I won't be taken seriously and will be told I'm making it up. even by doctors! It's a long, frustrating road, isn't it?! And its like these symptoms just come out of the blue, gahh! >:( In any case, thank you so much for letting me know I'm not the only one who's going through this. Please keep us posted and let us know how you continue to feel!

Good evening,

I was reading though your collection of symptoms and was wondering whether you had a 24hr tape (EKG and BP). A relative of mine suffered from symptoms similar to this and was found to have a condition that caused low bp fluctuations which caused many of the symptoms you are describing. She was treated with bp medication and once they titrated her dose things improved. It may be the case that this is not a cardiac condition but it's worth checking every avenue when long-term symptoms like this cause so much disruption to ones life.

Regards,

Graith

Graith, I think that what you posted may be pretty good insight. I think that it's possible that the original poster is suffering from what you are referring to although it's also possible that there's a link to stress too. A lot of times anxiety can look like a chronic condition. But if there are actual conditions too, then the poster should be tested for them. Thanks!

I am 19 years old and have been suffering from similar symptoms. I have been having almost constant upset stomach, horrible headaches/migraines for a few years, cannot concentrate, always anxious and jumpy, horrible PMS, never had a regular period, and im always cold!! My doctor says my concentration is my ADD, which everybody else says I've grown out of. And put me on medicine for my migraines, although after about a month of it, it no longer helped. My chiropractor thinks something is really wrong and says I need an MRI... But my doctor won't agree to it and simply says that I'm fine. My mother also says I'm overreacting. My fiance is really worried. I can't stand up for too long, my joints all hurt, I am constantly sick to my stomach. Nothing is helping!! :-(

I used to have all the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I was constantly sick to my stomach, came down with debilitating headaches that would last for days, and was constantly in a low-energy state. I was miserable, and I kept hearing stupid words like 'depression' and 'anxiety'.

Then I heard about a study in Vancouver where some patients took daily doses of probiotic yogurt and their symptoms cleared up or were reduced. I thought I'd give that a shot. To be fair I changed my diet quite a bit, stuck to very basic foods, cooking consisted of searing or roasting and otherwise I ate raw. Here's what I did:

No bread. Not strictly, but cut out my daily serving. Only organic dairy and meat and, whenever possible, fruits and veggies, but avoiding tomatoes, especially cooked. No soy products, no tofu, nothing made with soybean in any way. Avoided MSG, mostly by going to restaurants less. No junk food. Basically my philosophy was if I can make it myself don't get it pre-made. and (most importantly) AT LEAST one cup of fresh organic probiotic yogurt every morning before anything else entered my system.

I lost 20 lbs, stopped having nausea and stomach cramps and the only time I get a headache anymore is just before a major storm. I feel fantastic, I run now, I trained my own puppy (takes a lot of energy and patience) and I constantly get comments on how much happier I look.

I know this diet is a bit extreme and may be hard to stick to but it will only take a few weeks to notice the difference in your body and in your life, so it's really worth trying. (Besides which it's all healthy, so you really have nothing to lose.)

I have found all these posts very comforting. I am a 27 year old mother of a 5 year old girl and I too have been having terrible symptoms. For the past 2 years I have seen several different doctors and have been tested for almost everything I can think of. I experience serious fatigue, awful migraines that last up to 3 days at a time, nausea, anxiety, panic attacks, dry eyes, irritability, mood swings, and more. I feel so alone in the world. No one understands and it is extremely hard to function. My doctor also thought it could be chronic fatigue syndrome, but that worries me. For one, there isn't a cure, and two, what if it's something else? I feel like all the doctors I have seen are not interested in figuring out what is wrong with me. I don't think they really believe me. I've been struggling with college and I'm afraid I will have to drop out soon. I keep missing classes and getting behind on my work and my teachers are not very understanding. I have so many "w"s for not being able to finish a class. It is hard on my daughter too, to have a mom who is sick all the time. I have given up on going to the doctor and trying to figure out what is wrong, but lately it has gotten worse that I think I'm going to try again. I just so badly want to know for sure what is wrong with me and to hopefully get better one day. I hope all of you find out what is wrong too. It's horrible not knowing and having doctor's who don't take you seriously. The anxiety is what is really getting worse. I feel like I'm constantly anxious and in a state of panic and worry. I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has one. I have been thinking about getting a cat scan done, but I'm not sure if my insurance will cover that. At this point I'm open to trying anything. Thank you everyone and best of luck to you all!

Hi there, getting a CAT scan wouldn't really get anything done. It really is anxiety related, as far as I can tell. I think the best thing you can do is get therapy if you're going to get anything done. Have you considered that?

Im also 19 and having the same problems, iv been having them since i was 15 and the best they can do is give me tons of pain killers and tell me im fine. My doctors have only ever come up with tendinitis (i think thats how you spell it), and Lupus. While they believe that it is one of the two they wont even try medication for it and continue with the pain meds, counting the lat visit i am now currently prescribed; vicoden, naproxen, celocebrex, and tylenol. (forgive me for the spelling :? ) Its made it very hard for me to go to work and take care of step kids because i am always so tired, or in pain. I really do feel for everyone else that has to deal with this as well and i hope that they find out a way to help soon.

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

I am 19 years old and have been suffering from the same symptoms. I have been having almost constant upset stomach, horrible headaches/migraines for a few years, cannot concentrate, always anxious and jumpy, horrible PMS, never had a regular period, and im always cold!! My doctor says my concentration is my ADD, which everybody else says I've grown out of. And put me on medicine for my migraines, although after about a month of it, it no longer helped. My chiropractor thinks something is really wrong and says I need an MRI... But my doctor won't agree to it and simply says that I'm fine. My mother also says I'm overreacting. My fiance is really worried. I can't stand up for too long, my joints all hurt, I am constantly sick to my stomach. Nothing is helping!! :-(

hey im 16 year old female and i have been in and out of the doctors with these pains and headaches since i was 10 years old, i have been put on and off so many meds that the pharmacist knows my entire med history without having to look at the computer......i did have ovarian cyst for 2 years but i have not had them since i was 11.....my mom and dad are in the middle of a divorce....but i dont really care cause my parents think i fake the pain to get attention :( i am currently a 11th grader, my teachers also think i am faking, but to get out of school....i use to care about making my parent proud....but ever since the headaches started i have gotten more and more angry and hostile, and it scares me :( please do any of you have suggestions of what i should do? oh yeah and i cant sleep till about 3 am :/