For several months now I have had a dull ache in my right cheekbone, and jaw with intermittent swelling. This began with an abcessed tooth that was treated with Clindamycin. The dentist states that my tooth is fine now, and referred me to an ENT. My ct scan was normal, no sinus infection. When I chew, the pain is worse, and my lower eyelid has a tickling, and almost numb sensation. The ENT referred me back to the dentist who insists that my tooth is fine. What can this possible be. It is causing me to have much stress and anxiety. I hope someone can help me.

go see a neurologist...may be neurological..

Did you ever find out what it is? I'm having the same symptoms and no one can tell me what's going on.

I had the same problem after I had a crown put in on a left lower tooth. I, too, went back and forth to doctors, dentists, nuerologists, etc. No one had any answers. I had one dentist insult me and tell me I made it all up.
After much self-investigation, my educated guess is that my dentist accidentally jabbed my trigeminal nerve (which runs through your neck, jaw and eye), causing the chronic pain. The shooting pain caused the surrounding muscles to tighten up as well.
I tried acupuncture--didn't do much. Then I tried massage therapy with ultrasound and physical therapy. That helped alot. It still comes and goes, especially when I'm stressed out.
Try looking up myo-fascial pain (muscle clenching due to trauma) That helped a great deal. I don't think there's anything you can do about the nerve except surgery, which can leave your face numb. That's too risky for me.

What do you have to do to actually get diangosed with this sort of thing? Can you talk to a doctor or a dentist about it? I am really sorry to hear that someone accusd you of making it up though.

Dental work can trigger TMJ as well.  The trigeminal nerve travels through the jaw joint and dental work or dental issues affect the bite and cause TMJ.  See a trained Neuromuscular dentist.  There are usually a few in each state.