Hello everyone,

My husband and I have only been trying 1 month to conceive and we both know that we would be extremely lucky if we were pregnant already. But here's the situation....

Around the time of my ovulation (or just afterwards) I had some spotting, which was similar to what I have heard described as implantation spotting. I have had headaches, acne (which I never get), uncomfortable aches in my abdomen, and a missed period. I took a hpt 1 day after my missed period (which are very regular ~ like clockwork), but it was neg. Since then, I have been having menstrual-like cramping for about 4 days, but still no period. What does all this mean? Is there a possibility that I still may be pregnant ~ even though this is the first month of trying?

I would appreciate any replies to help us in this situation. We would be thrilled to find out we're pregnant, but not surprised if we're not. It's just that there are a lot of signs that say we are, and a lot that indicate we're not! So please help!

Welcome to the exciting and frustrating world of TTC. All that you say sounds really familiar to me. 

So... 

A missed period is of course a possible sign of pregnancy, and you think that's the most likely explanation, because you are trying to conceive and normally have regular periods. I'm not saying you are definitely not pregnant. You could just have tested too early, used too cheap a test, or you might have tested when your urine was too diluted. But more likely, your period is being delayed by wishful thinking. That can happen. Ask me how I know ;). 

Good luck anyway, and I hope you're pregnant or get pregnant very soon!

try to take thep hpt again..and for 100% sure take the blood test...

-hope u get pregnant soon :-)

okay i would say wait til at least a week has gone by without a period and then test...ur levels might not have been high enough to detect. thats what i had to do when i was pregnant. hope that helps!

good luck!

Please reply if you actually got pregnant after the above situation... we are going thru the same situation... having missed my period today & getting a negative HPT result...

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

please some one reply i as well am going through this im 20 however i had an abortion last year and now i pray to god everyday to get another chance i have also been getting a white film and i missed my period on one test it showed a slightly blue line down the middle please REPLY

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT EVERYONE IF THEY FOUND OUT THEY WAS PREGNANT OR NOT? I TOOK A HPT IN THE AFTERNOON AND IT WAS BFN BUT MY PERIOD WAS ONLY 1 DAY LATE, I THINK I TESTED TO EARLY AND SHOULD HAVE USED MY MORNING URINE BUT YOU GET IN A HURRY. I'M NOW 2 DAYS LATE,KINDA CRAMPY,AND SWEATING LIKE CRAZY. I HAVE SEARCHED EVERY WHERE HOPING FOR SOME ANSWERS. MY MENSTRUAL IS 28 DAYS NEVER LATE, OR EARLY, SO MAYBE SOMEONE PASSING THROUGH WILL POST SOME INFORMATION!

anyline ona test means that you are preggo no matter how light the line. As far as the other questions.I have been through it missed period for days and get a false negative test. Just make sure that you do not use leftover urine make sure that you have a full bladder. If you do not hae a full bladder the test may not pick up enough HCG hormone from your urine. Also make sure that you go to thedoctor and get a blood test to be sure.

Hey there. Ok in one of the post they said wait a week till after you have a missed period and take a test. This is correct. Every woman's body is different and all at home test simply have to detect your HCG hormone wich you produce when you are pregnant. I was 9 weeks pregnant with my second when I could finally get a positive test. I knew I was pregnant already just because of how I was feeling. However it took awhile. Now with my son who was my first I got a positive test a week before I was due for my period! So it really depends on your body and baby. Also if you can't wait and it's killing you to know go to your doctor and tell them there is a possibility and ask for a blood test. they can determine pregnancy much sooner. ALso keep in mind for some people who are TRYING to concieve it is possible for your body to experience symptoms and not actually be pregnant. It can be a mind over matter situation. This has happened to me as well. After I had my second my husband and I had a scare and I though I was pregnant and I had bloating,fatigue, sore boobs. It was all due to stress of the fact I could be pregnant!! I went to the doc took a blood test and it was negative. Within two days after I relaxed the symptoms were gone! I hope this helps. Also

Hi can anyone answer somethings for me!!!! My period is 2 days late, i did a pregnancy test but it was negative!! is there any chance i could still be pregnant???? but period is never late!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have that same thing except that I am six days late and keep having cramps like crazy. I have never missed my period before or had it early or late. I spotted on and off the week before my period was due. All test including the blood test show neg. Can anyone help my husband and I understand what is going on.

Hello the same thing has happened to me my period is 2 days late aswell and i got a negative pregnancy test i am going to wait a week or so and take a clearblue digital to find out

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you ladies. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the past 4 months now. My last period was..October 6th. I'm always very regular and i noticed these intense cramps around the time I was supposed to have my period and I'm now roughtly 2 weeks late and with these intense cramps! I took a hpt tonight - came up negative. I'm planning on taking another one here in about a week. If these cramps continue with no period, i'm going to the doc an getting a blood test. I'll keep everyone updated because I've searched so may sites and it seems as though many ladies are in the same situation but don't get an answer!
Did this type of thing happen happen to someone and they ended up being pregnant?

Hi, the same thing here i have been cramping for bout a week and a half and no period i took a test and still negative i have passed my period date and i dont know what to do could i be pregnant?

My husband and I experienced a miscarriage in December. It is now March..my LMP was Jan 29. I have taken 2 tests and both said negative. My breasts are sore, I'm exhausted, my face is breaking out like crazy, I'm bloated, and having cramps. I'm gonna go to the dr today to see. Wish me luck.