Hello
I have not had a period since 17th July, and I am normally regular as clockwork.
I have know missed two periods (17th Aug + 17th Sept) and I have not yet got a + HPT.Ive done about 10 HPT'S since I missed augusts AF and they have all said negative...I have been to the docs as I have been having pregnancy symptoms-nausea, lots of weeing,stuffy nose, im really constipated... and yesterday I went for a Beta HCG on my doctors request.
So what I need to know is how common are false negatives?
And would I be likely to be getting one at 9 weeks?
Thats what the doctor said I could be from my last missed AF..
Please Help! Any advice or stories are greatly appreciated!!

this happened to me and i was pregnant after 2 months no period and about 7 neg home tests and 1 neg dr office test...my ob tried to give me something to shed the lining of my uterus that day and i refuse to take it because i was sure i was pregnant and sure enough 2 weeks later i went to my pcp and told him all about the constipation and heartburn and all the neg tests and he said for the hell of it we will do one more before he recommends that i take the medicine to shed my lining and he even said i don't think your pregnant either but lets do one more and then move on and sure enough he called the next day totaaly puzzled that not only was i pregnant but my hcg levels were 55,000...through the roof and he thought i had twins....but and ultrasound confirmed i did not and right now i an sitting here watching my beautiful 9 month old son bouncing in his chair and wondering if i'm pregnant again because the same thing is happening only it has been one month....so trusts you instinct....i mean i would ask for an ultrasound to be done to take a look that is the biggest confirmation...good luck and let me know how it goes...

Aww thats so lovely, Im really sure I have all the symptoms, and my partner asked me whether I FEEL pregnant, the truth is I do but Im afraid to feel happy because the letdown will be so bad if I'm not....Anyway I get my results tomorrow afternoon so keep your fingers crossed for me :D

I'm going through the same thing. I was on clomid for the first time this cycle. my 28 day or 14dpo was on 9/22/06 and the doc did a preg urine test and it was neg. He said he could still be too early to tell by a urine test. He never did a Beta on me. He told me if I haven't seen AF then call him. Well I'm officially 3 days late and still haven't seen AF. I have these mild cramps like she is on her way and it has been continuing for like 2-3 days. I took a nother test Sunday am and it was still neg. I go onto the webmd board for clomid and they are very helpful, it is a few things that could be wrong or good. I could've ovulated later than I thought I did or clomid is just extending my luteal phase. We'll see

yeah I'm 39 days late and counting...its most liekyl just my body playing mean tricks on me.... >;)

I'm just waiting now this afternoon for my results so please, even thought it is unlikely please pray for a positive :-D :-P

I am waiting for blood test results after about 10 negative dollar store tests...(with faint line showing up after 10 minutes)...I haven't had a period in about 6 weeks...white creamy cm, keep feeling like a period will start

I'd never been regular with my cycles. I've had an ultrasound for PCOS, with a negative result. So here's my false negative story...

My last period was months ago, and my husband and I were trying to conceive. When I'd gone a month and a half without a period, I took an HPT. It came back negative. A month and a half later, I took another HPT. That one, much to my joy, came back positive. I was overdue for my physical, so I booked that, and during the appointment, I told my doctor. She sent the urine sample from the physical down to the lab to confirm the results. That Friday, my doctor's office called me to say the lab test was negative.

Needless to say, I was really depressed.

Monday, my doctor's office called me back to tell me that lab had accidentally tested the wrong urine, and sent a positive result after the weekend.

Wow.

That week I had an ultrasound which determined I was 11 weeks pregnant. I am due, appropriately enough, around Labor Day. My sister is due a week and a half after me.