I'm doing some research on illnesses based on genetic mutations. I'm doing it for my school project, and, to be honest, I'm not thrilled with the idea at all. It's just that I found so many different diseases and conditions that it's almost unbelievable. It makes me sad to read all that stuff, especially when I am already familiar with cystic fibrosis genetics. My unborn sister was diagnosed with that one, and parents decided to quit pregnancy. And now I am learning about cystic fibrosis genetics. Ironic, don't you think?

Some would say that out entire life is nothing but one big irony. If you are familiar with cystic fibrosis genetics, than you already know that your parents did a good thing. The life your sister would have would be full of pain and suffering and it would end long before it should. Your parents should not be blamed, the gene mutation could easily be the cause for cystic fibrosis.