Could you tell me what are the symptoms of cystic fibrosis? My 9 months old baby is coughing for days and I think she sometimes even stays out of breath she also had a light fever yesterday –so do you think those might be the symptoms of cystic fibrosis? The think is my husband is cystic fibrosis carrier and we have done all the necessary testing before I got pregnant and it turns out I am negative on this so we have finally decided to get the baby for we were explained the baby could inherit the illness only if both parents are cystic fibrosis carriers and our baby was born healthy but anyway I would like to hear what are the symptoms of cystic fibrosis? Thanks!

It is more likely your baby has a simple cold or bronchitis and it would disappear in few days. I don't think she could be having the cystic fibrosis for you were already tested and besides that those are not the symptoms of cystic fibrosis for they look pretty much different in newborns so one of the symptoms of cystic fibrosis at your baby age could be growth failure, very frequent respiratory infections but also intestines problems that are usually manifested in greasy stools for you know cystic fibrosis is not only lung or respiratory system related for it also causes digestive problems. Also one of the main symptoms of cystic fibrosis that you could already detect in your baby is skin that is salty tasted.