I’ve started having low back pain about 3 weeks ago. I think that it has nothing with arthritis. I’m 25 years old, and as I use to have irregular and very painful and intensive pms, I doubt if this pain was caused by ovarian cysts. I mean, I’m not that irregular, I have my period on 35 to 40 days, but it is hardly precise. Is low back pain symptom of having ovarian cysts or pcos?

Low back pain can be part of premenstrual syndrome, and it usually is in many women. Ovarian cysts may be found by routine control. Cyst can be palpitated as swelling on ovary. My friend was diagnosed ovarian cyst that way. If there is possibility that there is a cyst, ultrasound should be performed. By ultrasound, it can be seen where exactly cyst is located, whet is its shape and size etc. Also, some blood tests should be done. Depending on what cysts are like, if they change in size, they are treated. Surgery is not always required, but if it is, surgery can be performed as laparoscopy or laparotomy. These techniques leave very small scar. I guess that this was the answer-visit your gyn and check this.

I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst in december. I first thought it was my IUD cause i just recently got it put in. And i was having severe cramping in my lower stomache and my pelvic, I also experinced lower back pain. but the pain was so severe I went to the hospital, it hurt me to even walk when i would it felt like a hammer was hitting my pelvic bone. But that was when i first got diagnosed with it. I then returned to my primary doc who just said it will go away by its self.. But now like 5 mon later I was complaining of the same things and they did 3 pelvic exams on me, and said i probably just have a yeast infection so i did the medicaition and nothing. So i kept complaing and i went to get an ultrasound done just to find out that the cyst that was there in dec never went away and now it is like 6 CM , which i guess is pretty big.But I went to a gyno who just put me on birth control pills and said that the pain is going to be there for a while and that i have to see him in about 6 wks and get another ultersound done! But i am now in wk 2 of the bc and i am still in a lot of pain which does involve pelvic pain,cramping,lower back pain, and nausea. I don't know if that is any help to you, but i figured what the hey I might as well put my 2cents in too!! Consider i have some experience in this area!!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2010 my husband and I had been trying to concieve for over a year and it just wasn't happening... I had always had a problem with irregular periods either i wouldn't have one at all or I would have at least two a month and never knew exactly when it would come... I had been to several obgyn and Np from the time i was about 13 years old because of how much pain i was in and how irregular they are and was told that due to my age I would eventually grow out of it... Well I never did the older i got the worse the pain and more severe the symptoms. I was rushed to the Er one night because a cyct ruptured and I had no idea what it was just knew it was the worst pain I had ever felt the dr told me what it was and to report back to my reg dr the following day... They told me it was just one of those things and I would still grow out of it and she put me on bc to help with the irregular periods and it did help some... not with the pain so much but it did with pms... So after getting married and trying to get pregnant with no success ( and stopping the bc immediatly) I went to a different obgyn who actually diagnosed the problem he informed me that Swelling, waite gain, lower back pain, sever cramping, sometimes unexplained nausea, irregular periods and trouble with conception were all signs of PCOS and I had all of them so with an ultrasound he determined the condition. So my recomendation ask around about a good obgyn in your area have a list of your symptoms no matter how small because it could be worse than you think and he told me the longer you waite with Pcos the worse the conditions will get... He began treating me with Metformin and after adjusting to the meds It really started to help with everything. Good luck I hope all turns out well!!