my daughter is 14 and has had crmo for 3/4 years it affected her spine mainly and a severe pain just below her rib cage going through to her back . she is taking losec for her stomach naproxen and sometimes paracetemol. we have noticed now on 3 occasions when i have allowed her a very small amount of alcohol it triggers an attack under the rib cage we are taking her to the hospital in feb for an examination can alcohol trigger an attack? or is it maybe a different problem ? please help
yours sincerely brian quinn

Since the pain is triggered by alcohol and she is taking Naproxen, one of non-steroid anti-inflammatory medications which is well known to cause all sorts of various stomach problems – even though she is taking Losec to minimize this effect (but dosage maybe isn’t right if she is having stomach problems), it seems to me like Naproxen and Paracetamol are the cause because I know how fast they can ruin stomach lining. If I take one pill of some non-steroid drug like Naproxen, and I’m too taking Losec like medication, well…I don’t even like to think about it. So, it could be because of the alcohol, but I’m sure you know that it also be caused by other reasons. If it’s because of the stomach, your daughter should, at least until the exam, avoid sour, spicy, fatty food to prevent any possible further damage until you find out about the cause.

many thanks nikols you are very kind to reply so quickly .
we took her to her gp who gave her an examination and didnt seemed to be to concerned about it .
she did give usa a lecture on giving her alcohol at her age . we are more concerned that it triggered an attack im not sure if it is her stomach ? the pain is under her rib cage on the right hand side ? her diet id good and she hasnt really suffered any problems in that area . she is not constantly on her medication only when she has a flare up sometimes it could be a month or more . if we can answer any of your questoins on crmo please ask i really think everyone should share thier experiences on here because information from doctors here in ireland and on the web is minimal hope you are coping with yours .

many thanks again
yours sincerely
brian quinn
ps my daughters name is hayley she is almost 14