hi,
I started taking a colon cleanse about 3 weeks ago, I havent been religiously taking it as directed.. some morning doses I've missed for example... Since taking it, I haven't been drinking too often, as from my understanding cleanses can make your liver work overtime... However, today I didn't take any of the cleanse pills as I was planning on having a drink with dinner. I went to dinner tonight- had a drink, and within 5 minutes starting to drink my martini, I started experiencing intense upper abdominal pain on my right side of my body... the left side had no pain whatsoever, but my right side was plagued with a sharp cramping type of pain that stretched from just under my right rib cage all the way to my chest, making me feel severely naseaus... The pain was intense for about 30 minutes, and started to subside but still remained for the next several hours til falling asleep... I'm hoping someone has some insight or imput regarding this.. Thanks

Hi Jenn86

What's in the 'colon cleanse' tablets?

Regards, Olwen :-)

Hello Jenn86. The signs and symptoms you describe could be a couple of things, but on balance sound most like pancreatic pain. I'd strongly advise you to se you GP about this as you may need blood tests for Pancreatic and Liver enzymes which all increase if these organs are inflamed and possiblya Liver / Pancreas ultrasound scan.

It is also possible you have either Liver inflamation, which will resolve if you dont drink Alcohol which is a strong irritant to both the Liver and the stomach lining. Other (less likely) causes are a stomach ulcer or gastritis. Again, these neede investigating by your GP ASAP.

Hope it Helps.

Brian
RGN

Hi, Hope you've been to the doctor and all is well. If not, please check with your doctor. Many years ago I had pain in the chest after drinking alcohol and after almost a year of doctors not knowing what it was found out it was Hodgkins disease and that sometimes Hodgkins patients report pain at the tumor site after drinking alcohol. Again, hope all is well with you, but if you still have symptoms have them checked. Take care.

Hi All,

I have severe stomach cramps after drinking, to the point of I vomit, cannot keep food down the next day and I have severe pain for days. Sometimes I get the pains even if I havent drank.

I feel bloated, need to burp, vomit, stomach pains even if I lightly touch my stomach. Docs have tested me for liver problems, over active/ unactive thyroid gland, chromes disease, cealac disease, stomach ulcers, paracites etc.... And my results showed nothing.... The doc came to the conclusion I have IBS - which I dont believe I have as I dont have bowel movement issues. PLease can someone help! Peppermint tea can help it sometimes, but havent found any real cure...

U just described my symptoms to a "T". Ever figure it out? Gallbladder? Gastritis? How soon after drinking does it start for you? For me it was next day and like you said, sometimes occurs without drinking at all.... Please respond?! Someone? Anyone?