I had an abortion two weeks ago, and I am really suffering with the guilt and sadness. I did not know at the time how awful it would feel afterwards. I know it sounds crazy but I just want my baby back. I can't believe I killed it and because of me it will never again have a chance of life. Because I am selfish and weak and was too frightened to tell my parents and thought this was the easier way out. Last week I was feeling so emotional I was just crying uncontrollably every minute. This week I have calmed down, I just feel this deep deep sadness that seems to be getting worse and taking over more of me every day. I have begun to question everything in my life, what I am doing, where I am going, why I am friends with the people I am friends with, whether or not I should break up with my boyfriend. I feel like I need to start over but I am too scared. I cant even get myself to leave the house. What do i do? To make matters worse, i stopped bleading ten days after the abortion but then started up again yesterday, 14 days after the abortion. Is this normal or not? I need answers to any of this stuff.

Dear Khole: What you are feeling is TOTALLY Normal!! What you should do is get counselling for your loss! And that is what it is hon, it is a loss. Either by abortion, miscarriage or adoption. It is the loss of what could have been. Phone your local planned parenthood clinic. They can help you with this. ALSO it is postpartum depression. Your hormones are all over the place. When your uterus has undergone any "invasion" so to speak it takes upto 6 weeks to balance itself out again. So by next month your period will be regular. You are having your 1st period right now, so that's normal. It's NOT about starting over hon, it's about moving on!! I know this was hard on you, and I am surprised you were left out in the cold - so to speack - without any counselling before and after. But what is done is done. There is no difference between an abortion and an adoption - in feelings that is!!! It is still a loss, that you need to allow yourself to grieve. You are not weak hon, I think it takes a HELL of a lot of strength to go through all of this without support. You made the choice you needed to make at that time! Take all the politics/religious beliefs out of this hon. You need to just realize that things happen for a reason. And you did what you did and it's done. So phone and get some help and don't worry about starting over!!! Just think about today then tommorrow think about that OK? Good luck hon!!!

It gets better . . I know it doesn't feel like it, but it will . . I had an abortion in August & NEVERRRR thought I'd feel happy or "normal" again . . Now is around the time my baby would've been born; its weird to think about, but I made the best choice for me at the time & I'm sure you did too. Literally take it day by day (for me it was literally second by second; trying desperately not to break down & cry) . . Life will go on & you will be an infinitely stronger person for it . . If you can handle this, you can handle anything . . Hang in there!

As for bleeding, I bled for about 3 months afterwards because of some complications with birth control. DEFINITELY check with your doctor or a health care professional at Planned Parenthood. Your health is important.

I think that what Guest posted is helpful because it's hard when you are depressed to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But it is important to take it day by day. You may be coping with some guilt and depression right now but it is normal. You made a big decision that is hard for a lot of people to make--it's normal, and it happens. The best thing you can do now is move forward. If it gets harder to deal with, talk to your doctor or a counselor. And keep us posted!

How are you doing honey?

honestly when i got done my two abortions it didnt rely bother me bc i had my reasons and idk like i want another babii jus not to a loser