Well I was religious with my birth control up until this point. I'm assuming it was the antibiotics. I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago. I've gone through asking myself questions, and anything else you can imagine. Which is probably typical for this decision I'm about to make. I made the appointment and it's 4 day's away. Now here is the big thing! I believe every woman has the right to decide and I have nothing against that what so ever. What I'm dealing with is, I'm about to make the hardest decision in my life. Going back to school, just quit a very good job. Bad timing on my part I would say. But I don't think I could bare the thought of doing it. It would weigh on my shoulders for a very long time. But I do know, I can deal with the sadness and heartache for a while, rather then raising a child I'm certainly not ready for. I guess I'm looking for someone who can relate. My family knows, and a few close friends, reason being..I thought I was going through with it and made that decision when I first found out. Any feedback would be great.

The most important thing is that you are able to do this without regret. If there is any doubt in your mind about doing this you need to stop and evaluate that before you proceed.

I suggest if you are going to proceed that you take a depersonalized view on this. You are very lucky to be able to have children. If you do not feel like this is the time for you to have a baby that is perfectly okay.

I am fully aware that I am very very blessed to be able to have children. I recently just got out of a long-term relationship, and I have only been dating this guy for 6 months. He is older then I am, and ready for a child. Recently starting over and getting out of a long-term relationship as well. I feel like the pressure is on me, because I am only 21, with no current job now and nothing saved in the bank. I am not able to do it without regret, for the time being I'm confused and worried for my child. I'm worried about getting a new job, health benefits. I know once I see that little face thing's will change. Sounds like I have it already figured out. I won't be going to the appointment tomorrow!

There are many services available to help you even before the baby is born. Make sure you make an appointment with your cities Health and Welfare Office to discuss your options.

Is this guy your dating aware you are pregnant? Will he support you and your baby?

hey marie, just came across this and was wondering how you are doing?

Hi. I wanted to say I understand that you're not in a very good situation to have a child right now. But something you said struck me:

I can deal with the sadness and heartache for a while,

I don't think you understand what abortion really does. I had a miscarriage a few months ago and held my dead son's tiny body in my hands. I went into shock and for months, have cried uncontrollably because I lost a child. I have often thought about post-abortive women. I imagine there are only two choices: bury the experience and pretend it didn't happen, or process the fact that you just killed your own child. I can understand why most women choose the first one.

Abortion is forever and can't be undone. While many women regret their abortions, I can't think of anyone who has ever said they regret having a child. And that includes my friends who gave their children up for adoption, and forfeited the joy of raising their children after carrying them. I think those who say women can just abort and have no consequences are fools; it is in our nature to nurture, and our bodies reveal that truth most profoundly when we conceive and carry a child.

Please reconsider. So many women think a child will "ruin" their life. But children, regardless of how they came into the world, are blessings. How many women have passed up the tempting abortion, to give thanks to God when they are holding their newborn son or daughter in their arms after birth?

Not doing too good. I had a miscarriage! Thank you for asking, very thoughtful:)

Marie,
I did too. 2 weeks ago. When did this happen? Today was pretty bad for me too.