I found it very hard to share my abortion experience with anyone, but I feel like I have to do this. Each day I live knowing the only child I ever conceived I killed. These days I feel it so hard and I think that was so wrong what I have done. I would like if there is some woman with same regretting like mine. Can that ever pass away, or I will live forever, feeling guilt about mine abortion?

I am 20 years old now, and I had an abortion when I was seventeen. I told this to my parents first, and they decided an abortion was the only solution. I believed that if my boyfriend knew it, he would leave me. At the time of the abortion, I had feeling my parents made the decision. I felt I had to listen to them, though I see now it was only up to me. My mother made all the arrangements, and it was done in secret. No one was to know I was having an abortion because my parents were worried how it would look to others. I never told them I wanted the baby, now I know I should say it. After terrible procedure of abortion, I could not stop crying. Then my mom told me if she only knew how much this would hurt me, she would not have brought me there. As you see, there are more of us, I believe so many out there, but we have to learn live with this terrible fact we had abortion

an abortion shoud have a different name... loss, grief, hurt, guilt... i have to tell you, i had an abortion when i was 18 and then after that i guess i hadlearned that it really does effect you i gave my next child up for adoption... this is even a worse felling that abortion... with my abortion i was able to put itall to rest after about a year or so but after the adoption it is still haunting me everday... i am now almost 30 and i have a child now of my own... and i realize that i would not have been able to handle the responsibility of this at such a young age... i do not regret anymore having an abortion but the adoption will haunt me for the rest of my lifs.....

I am 22 years old, I just had a abortion about 2 weeks ago, I am now feeling it was all like a dream, I felt like I killed someone, although I knew that was the only way out for me, I may well just live with guilt for the rest of my life...

i had a surgical abortion when i was 16 weeks pregnant and now is been 8 months and i still feel bad about it i keep wondering when i am going to have a child, right now i cant because of the economy that is really bad, but i really did not want to get an abortion, i think this is something that we have to live with all our life.

Guest,
Please know that there is hope healing and restoration. You are going through a natural grieving process, one that ALOT of women go through when there is a loss of life, something that our bodies (as women) do not understand. There are lots of post abortion recovery counseling places that are private, caring and will have people you can meet with whom can just listen if that is what you desire.
Grief, truth and understanding are all part of the process to the road of healing. Dont be afraid to share your feelings and questions and emotions with someone who is there to listen.
Dont let your heart grow weary. If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Hizgrace

Decuir, if you didn't feel anything then that would be a scary thing. Feeling the guilt and regret means you have a heart, are caring and compassionate. Your human, we make choices; good and bad and we have to live with them. Time heals all wounds... you just have to go on, taking the knowledge you have gained from this experience and move forward.

and a question for CRAZYGIRL:
I am confused as to why you feel more regret for putting a child up for adoption than abortion. Would you rather kill the baby than let someone else have it? I just don't understand. I think you made the best choice. You weren't ready, but you decided to deal with the situation that time instead of taking the easy way out. If it's your guilt that makes you feel like you shouldn't have put it up for adoption, then that is just your selfishness talking. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING. You gave that baby a chance to LIVE and to have a life instead of killing it. Don't let it eat you up. You did the right thing.

HI, well i just had an abortiono recently, im finding it really hard and difficult t cope with because im still with the guy that i feel pressured me into having an abortion. It just breaks my heart every day and he doesnt understand. I felt like i loved the baby, and everytme i thinkk back to the clinic i feel numb for him..... i feel like i killed my child, i have two children and i just keep thinking if i wouldve had an abortioon with them they wouldnt be here... i really dont know when or if ill ever heal from this.....

Hello, I'm 18 and I had an abortion in may when at the time I was 17. I moved out at 17 and I live with my partner. When I got pregnant honestly part of me was actually happy. My boyfriend felt the same way. We realized we might be able to financially support it or the short term but not for 18 years. So I travelled 4 hours away to do it and it was the most horrible experience of my life. All I want is my baby back, MY baby, MINE. The more I say my, the more I want it. I feel like the pain will never go away. Honestly it's embarrassing but I still think of baby names, look at baby clothes and accessory things. I really regret it, you're not alone.

I've been waiting 5 years to do this. I came across a forum like this tonight and I wanted to express my sympathy and share my story...I don't know maybe telling this story entirely from my perspectiveto people who know what I went through will help. So here goes..
My name is renee. I was 16 years old when I made the regretful decision to have my baby aborted. I was in a relationship with my boyfriend who was 21, we were head over heels and careless, then I got pregnant. Of course he wasn't thrilled when we found out and I was beyond scared. We told only a few people and hid it from my dad. I was 10 weeks before my dad found out. During the course of time, my boyfriend and I were going through a lot of stress and dealing with the unknown, ieven though I was scared I wanted my baby and abortion and adoption were not choices to me. My boyfriend went from strickly abortion to adoption cause he started to care about the baby and knew we were in no place to raise a baby and then towards the end he wanted our baby. Which made me so happy. My dad found out I was pregnant like I said and he was upset, cried and thought about every thing. My dad was and is a great supportive dad, he was all I had growing up as my mother walked out on us (my father, my older sister and myself) when I was 2. After my dad thought about the whole pregnancy thing he told me he would prefer me to abort but supported my decision either way. Well my grandma, sister, and uncle found out and they prepared an intervention I got suckered into. All they did was tell me to abort it abort it abort it....all I was thinking was this is a baby, my baby. They threatened to involve police cause my bf was older and that's what got me. I caved. I decided to have the abortion cause they pressured me into it. I HATED IT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT AT ALL. My bf and I were very upset. So I ended up having the procedure which was the worst experience of my life. I just wanted to run out. It was a fog. It was so wrong. I had the procedure done with the sedation...thought it would help. The doctor made small talk with me while it happened and even though I was dazed from medication all I could do was turn my head away and ball my eyes out the ENTIRE time. I was then taken to the "recovery room" as if i could recover from this. Well after it happened everyone just stayed quiet about the situation no one said it brought it up or asked if I was okay. My bf and I stayed together and talked about it once in a blue moon...5 yrs later I am now 21 and that same bf and I just got married! It was great. But I still struggle very hard with the abortion. I want to have a 2nd chance at being a mother and have wanted it since the abortion! All I want is another chance to love my baby. I cry so much and it really hasn't gotten easier for me. There are so many things I've done to try to cope but it hasn't worked. All I want is my baby back...I want to go back in time and carry to term, hold my baby and prove to him or her that I really love them. I feel like a murderer and a selfish person. Who was I to take the life of an innocent baby the Lord blessed me with. Ugh I don't know...I pray telling this story help me and anyone else, cause I know I'm not alone...
Thanks for reading

I feel like you describe here. I'm 31 and I had to do this awful procedure. You would think by age and with a job and college degree I shouldn't have to. I love my boyfriend and I loved my baby but I didn't allow myself to feel it.
I got caught up in being successful, attractive, going out, and now I completely regret it.
The worst part is that my boyfriend sort of wanted it and I feel like I rejected him by rejecting his baby.
We are not married and he has 3 boys from his 1st marriage.
I have 1 daughter from a relationship 12 years ago.
I was 18 when I had my first pregnancy and it was very very difficult emotionally because the father left.
My daughter is almost 13 and I love her more then anything.
I will never forget this child and I desperately want a baby and my boyfriend refuses to give me one now and says I have to till at least next year.
I know if we ask forgiveness we will get it. The hardest part is forgiving ourselves.
Baby dust to you and we will see our babies in heaven.