I'm 15 years after the abortion.

People tell you all sorts of lies....

the foetus is not a baby, etc etc.....that is absolute rubbish.

my ab was co-erced. I was not strong enough to fight against my boyfriend and his sister at the time, for the life of my baby.

I regret ever having the abortion. It ruined my life.

I have gone on to have other children, but I suffered very severe depression after my first child.

I don't think one ever gets over the guilt.

It is far better to adopt than abort......

Believe me.,,,,
yearning

I'm so sorry that you had the experience you did. You're mourning the loss of what could have been and you're allowed to have these feelings. However, not every woman's experience with abortion will be negative. I'm sorry you were forced into having the abortion as no woman should be forced into anything. Your choice was taken from you. Many women who chose to have abortions make the decision based on much consideration and in regards to their current personal private situations. My personal experience with abortion was very different from yours. I, on my own chose to have the pregnancy terminated very early. I was unprepared to deal with the pregnancy, was about to start college and adoption was simply out of the question for me. It has been a year since I had my surgical abortion and to this day I still see it as being one of the best decisions I have made for myself in life. I harbour no guilt for what I have done as it was a personal decision that I chose to make after much consideration, and I am better off now that i made it. Thank you for your bravery in sharing your story and I really wish that you had been given the choice to do what you felt was right. I am happy that everyday I am given the right to choose and wouldnt wish your situation on my worst enemy. I hope you find healing.