I'll be 8 weeks pregnant on Sunday and have an abortion scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm scared to death. I know 100% that this is the right decision for me and my family but I'm so scared that something bad will happen with the procedure and I'll die from complications. I have pretty bad health anxiety and this is just way too much for me right now.

I am a health professional, and I have had more than one abortion.

This may be too late for you to read, but I hope you come back and update us..

The probability of death from an early abortion, less than 12 weeks, is 1 in one MILLION..

Abortion is the SAFEST surgery to have performed, it is actually safer than wisdom tooth removal-believe it or not.

Thanks for the support Carifairy. I did get to see this this morning. I somehow managed to get some sleep last night (I'm sure due to the Xanax I took before bed). I woke up at 6:15 this morning. Getting ready to hit the showers, get my son ready for school and then head out. I'll let everyone know how it went later tonight.

Just to let everyone know I just got back from my procedure and I'm doing pretty well. I'll write more of my experience later after a nap.

So, some more detail for anyone that is interested.

First off, every.single.person at the clinic was amazing. They were all very calming and professional and I couldn't ask for more. Except for the one nurse that was Russian and I could hardly understand her. But she was nice.

I had a local because I'm deathly afraid of sedation and I really didn't need any more anxiety. I will say in all honesty it was the most painful experience ever. The shot and the actual suction didn't hurt but the speculum insertion and the dilation was HORRIBLE. Thankfully it only lasted less than 5 minutes. After everything was out I had menstrual type cramps. They gave me some pitocin in my arm and in my iv. I've had minimal bleeding, similar to the early days of my period. I took some advil when I got home and the cramping is gone.

I didn't cry once and I didn't have a panic attack or freak out in any way. I feel really relieved that it is over, hubby is doing well with the whole thing and I'm just looking forward to moving on from this. I of course have sadness that I wasn't mentally stable enough to be able to have another child but I know that I can work on that and decide to have a child later on.

I hope that my recovery continues to go smoothly and there are no complications. I'm taking my antibiotics and will call next week to schedule my checkup.

Yeah, without the sedation abortion can be TERRIBLY painful.

Most women do complain that the speculum and dilation are the worst, if they choose local like yourself.

Most women who choose local do so for your exact same reason, they have fears of anesthesia or sedation.

When you mean sedation, do you mean medication given through iv while you are awake, or general? I am scared as I am going for one in three days, and am having sedation, but I will still be awake, no general.

I am not mentally ready after my first child as well so I'm going for an abortion, I'm scared to death, I'm n a foreign country "Korea " n idk if my procedure will b like yurs..

I'm having an abortion tomorrow. Only my boyfriend and my best friend know. I'm terrified but I know that this is the right decision for me. Thank you for posting about your experience this is actually calming me down for mine. It's so hard to find resources online for women like me that aren't secretly prolife.

Glad to hear u were ok with your experience, I to suffer from extremely bad anxiety. Reading your experience I'm scared of the dilation and speculum. Did u have the vacuum suction?

Dear, if you are still pregnant, abortion just isn't the way to go. You could end up regretting it. Believe me, it's quite common for a woman to regret her abortion and this can usually lead to problems like depression or substance abuse. If you want to help yourself, please go see your local crisis pregnancy center. They are welcoming and comfortable places that help you work out her options and find one that works for her before you do something hasty. Honestly, you won't regret it. Also, I'm pretty sure adoption could work for you because then your child will be cared for by a loving family. You won't regret that decision at all and your child will grow up fine. Believe me, I know two little girls who were adopted. Finally, here's a number to call if you need it: 1-800-712-4357 You may not agree with what I am saying, but I'm just trying to help you before you do something you may regret. I hope this makes things better.

Your research is incorrec! Most women DO NOT have guilt or depression. Your suggestion about adoption... Were you adopted? Do you know what it is like to grow up in foster homes? "Honestly you won't regret it" Most women DO regret having kids when they are not financially stable or emotionally ready. You will not be helping her raise a child and you will not be there to support her along the way. If you want to show compassion to others.. go volunteer, do other things. This is WRONG, no matter how much you sugar coat it or how kind you think you are, it is still NOT your place. It is evident you completely overlooked the post and her questions. Shame on you for even commenting.

Scared: I hope you are recovering well. Don't pay attention to comments like these, she is ignorant and looking for a way to be heard. Her personal prolife opinions are irrelevant. It is your life, your body, and your choice. You didn't ask for her opinion on your choice to choose, you were simply asking about the procedure itself and what to expect. You are a strong person and I hope you are doing great!

Having a surgical abortion done tomorrow being put to sleep as it I should there procedure and I'm scared to death!! I'm worried I won't wake up! I have never been put to sleep b4 so I don't know what to expect all I know is I am freaking out and kicking myself for getting into this mess in the first place. Any calming words would be so so so appreciated
Signed
Freaked out.

Hi again, this is freaked, I posted yesterday and tho I have no idea if anyone will ever read this I wanted to give an update.
I made it!! Had the surgical abortion this morning and honestly waiting to go in is the hardest part, that and the cramps after which I admit mine were and still are pretty bad, a bit worse than my regular period but nothing I can't survive. I feel very relieved now that it's over. Oh I will add I threw up a decent amount but I had pretty severe morning sickness to begin with so that might be why. But to all the girls scared and thinhking that they can't do it, you can you're strong and you got this. You will feel so much emotionally better after so just be strong!
Love
No longer freaked

I'm having one tomorrow and I'm so scared about the procedure. My anxiety has been through the roof since I found out I was pregnant. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and I can't have this child for personal reasons. I can't wait for this to be all over!!