Hi. I am 2 months pregnant and not thrilled about it. I was raped. I am not sure what do I feel. I would love to have a baby but not like this. I love her and I hate her in the same time. What to do? Abortion or not? What would you do?

Hi. I have a friend who was raped. She had twins. The kids are great, but I think I would never have a baby this way. Abortion would be my only option. It is heavy, and a big decision, but I haven`t got a single doubt in my mind. I want to have a baby with somebody I love. Is that so wrong? I guess it is hard to keep on with normal living after abortion, at least for a while, but this is how I feel. The decision is all yours.

Personally, I was raped when I was 15, by my now ex boyfriend. If I would have become pregnant, I would have chosen to have an abortion, because I do not feel as though I would have been ready physically or emotionally to have a baby at that moment. I think that it should really be up to you though, and you need to keep in mind that you should do what's best for you.

Good luck

Adoption is another option. While this baby may bring up awful memories for you, he/she could bring much joy and love to a couple who is unable to have a baby.

I agree with the Guest poster. Not to force you to relive or face what happened or be cruel in anyway, I'm a former rape victim myself, but I know that when we (my fiancee' now, not the rapist, and myself) thought I got pregnant from my rape we started looking into adoption, however we also looked into abortion. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant and I received counseling for what happened.

I believe that abortion is a deeply personal choice, and one that you should make if you feel like it is right for YOU.

i think every woman should toughin up a bit and fight!!! %-)

i think you so put it up for adoption because abortions are wrong. ia m sorry you got raped but to kill a fetus is CRUEL.. I know its not my place to tell you what to do but i think you should keep it because you will fall inlove. Having a kid is the greatest thing in the world..
BUT ITS YOUR CALL... THINK WISE BECAUSE IT WILL HAUNT YOU

hw dare u sy women should tuffen up! if thy are unlucky and gt raped thy shudnt have to deal with that! i thnk YOU should gt a grip!

How do you think your mental health will fare during the pregnancy? Do the next 7 months look like a big black hole to you, or does it look manageable?
You really have to think about how you will fare emotionally during a pregnancy. Do you worry about crying every night, or do you worry about having violent thoughts? Keep in mind that some women don't feel the full emotional effects of a rape until later on.

adoption would be best in my opinion.... abortion isnt giving the baby a chance to laugh and grow. Plus, some people that have gotten abortions regret it... It might also hurt you...

if your to young to handle a baby you should put it up for adoption, but don't kill it! if you keep it, though, you will very likely grow to love it <3

The first thing you have to think about in this situation is you, yourself and not this baby.

I see alot of bible basher replys saying things like god gave you a child but i dont think god was doing much for you when this terrible thing happened to you and at this time you must be do what is best for you and only you.

You must think about how this will affect you, You will have to feel a baby of someone who violated you growing inside you for 9 months and then your going to have to give birth to a baby that was conceived in you being raped not in love, then if you decide to adopt the baby there is teh emotional scaring of giving up a child which on top of being raped might be far to damaging to deal with,

But what if you keep it? when the baby says one day mommy who is my daddy... that is all dragged up again and the pain comes back so i urge you to do what is best for you and if that means an abortion because that is what YOU need to do to cope with what has happened then that is what you must do, Bible bashers leave this poor girl alone, God will be on her side regardless of what she decides.

I am so sorry for you. I was raped at 15yrs old, but I did not to get pregnant.

Personally, I don't think I could have lived with myself if I had an abortion. Because of my beliefs and the way I was raised. It would have been easier for me to have the baby and give it up for adoption. If you don't have the same belief system, then you need to do what feels right for you.

Because of my rape and the trauma that went with it, I missed my next period. It could have just been the stress. Because of the missed period I did think about the possiblity of being pregnant.

Here are somethings to consider:

1. What is your belief on abortion? Has it changed since you got raped? Or do you have different feelings on abortion in different situations?

2. How do you think you would feel after an abortion? Would you be okay with yourself given the situation you were put in? Very important!

3. Do you think you could go through the pregnancy and do everything to insure the baby will be born healthy - if you keep the baby or give it up for adoption?

4. Could you give a baby up for adoption without too much mental stress given the situation?

5. If a close friend came to you in your situation and she....
Said she had an abortion -- would you support her?
Said she was keeping it -- what would you say?
Said she was going to have the baby adopted -- what would you feel?

Basically, it is your decision and you should feel good with whatever you decide.

Although abortion may look like the easiest option; many women suffer mentally after an abortion. Some one I know got pregnant at 15 and had an abortion so she could continue with school, but she spent a lot of time in hospital after because of the mental trauma of an abortion so she missed her GCSEs anyway. I'm not saying that giving a child up for adoption is any easier, but you need to consider the consequences of all the options.