my name is nicole i am going to be 26 years old come december i was on depo since i was 16 years old i got off of it febuary 2010 and got my period right away as soon as i missed my shot we decided to try to conceive so i have been trying regulary only thing come november 2010 i had my period ended nov22 and then it disapeared for some reason i also with add that i have fibromyalgia and have 2 slipped disc and are on pain medication which got told would not affect it but it is now may 2011 and may 24th i finally got my period back it last 6 days and was extremly paifull more then usually i went to my doctors yesterday my blood work was normal for my hormones and stuff but he does kinda think i have polysictic ovarian syndrome because i am a bigger girl and before my period left i was about 40 pounds heavier and since then i have lost 40 pounds and now my period came back and he said people with (pcos) tend to lose there period then get it back when they lose weight now i am 25 and i am at that stage in my life where i want a child and i have been trying now pretty much since i stopped my depo shot and i was using ovulation test and said i was ovualating and stuff but i seem to still be having problems but now my periods back some i am hoping maybe it will be easier anyone have any advice for me with how to make it easier to convice and what kinds of things i can eat or pills i can take also i am in barrie ontario canada so i have the health care system and i also have a drug card to get free percriptions i just really with it would happen because it just makes me upset seeing everyone around me pregnant or has babys and stuff even my best friend is only 23 and she has 2 kids already  age 4 and 5 its not really fair i want one and am ready and shes not 

Well I have been on the Dep shot almost exclusively.  In fact, its the only Birth control I have ever used besides a condom.  What concerns me is that you didn't mention a break off the shot between 16 and now.  My doctors and the literature for the Depo shot has always said that it shouldn't be used for years on end without a break.  I don't know about any of your other problems and how it would affect your fertility but I was off the shot for almost a year before I got pregnant with my second child.  I wasn't on birth control before our first child was born so I have no information there.  However, my period had not returned regularly when I got pregnant with number our daughter.  I've been off it just recently since Feb. and not even a hit of a period.  (Which is kind of an issue because I want to get back on it but I have to be on my period to do so.  This was the same situation that allowed for baby number two!)  

As far as it not being fair that your friend has kids and you don't.  I can understand that from the opposite end.  My younger sister and her husband have been trying for five years to have children.  Nothing's worked, she had surgery to remove a "wall" that was dividing her uterus, fertility drugs and some other procedure (IVF) maybe, and it didn't work.  They are now licensed foster parents and wanting to adopt, rather than spend time, money they don't have, and most importantly getting their hearts broken trying to have a baby of their own.  Me, I got pregnant twice without trying at all. In fact, neither of my children were planned and I would have rather adopted than had my own.  Sometimes, you just have to believe that whatever is thrown at you, it happens for a reason. It isn't fair, and I've wished many times that I could change places with her because having my own kids was not as important for me as it is to her.  But I can't.  All I can do is offer her my love and support.  She's even adopting an older child so her kids aren't too much younger than mine. (which is kind of weird because even if she'd have concieved on her honeymoon, the baby would be only five, my kdis are 16 and 12.)  But I know she feels exactly like you. Hugs.   

hi thank you for your relpy yes i have been on and off depo while i've been on it i was off it couple months here and there and when i got off of it for good my period came back imedieatly and i had it for almost a whole year also trying the whole time then come just last november i had it then it just disapearred after that so i was thinking i was pregnant but took like 6 or more home test all came out neg. so i did a blood test it came out neg. as well and then just now may 24 2011 it came back and i got it for 6 days witch is normal for me. my doctors thinks maybe i have pcos because with girl that have it when they lose weight usually there periods come back and they get pregnant i talked to him about sending me to gyno but he said that wait a few months and see if you can get pregnant on your own because with girls with pcos thats what happens when they lose weight and get there period back so im hopeing that will work and as for the whole not fair thing i was talking about its not really just that she has kids and i dont it more of the fact that shes 2 years younger and never really ever planned on having any kids same with everyone one else i know none of them planned on having kids and are younger then me now they all have pretty much 2 kids 

hi again everyone i am the one that wrote this post im just writing for an update its now november 13th 2011 and last time i wrote i said that my period came back may 24 2011 whitch it did and i've had it every month for the first the bit it was late or early and now for the last couple month it has been pretty regular except a day early like aug 19 then sep 18 then oct 17 but its still been normal around 5 or 6 days then its gone ive been tracking my ovulation and have been making sur to have sex around that time and oviously you can tell by this post i have yet to get pregnant which is really bothering me i can barley go out anymore cause it makes me upset to see bàbys and stuff i broke down last month to my best friend i barly even se my nefew anymore cause its hard 4 me but anyways its been almost a month since i had my period i've been feeling ally tired and realy sore and my boobs by the niple area have been extreamly sore i can barly touch them or even let my boyfriend and for about the last week i've been puking and feeling nausea when im not puking so im thinking eith maybe im lucky and i finally got pregnant or maybe it could be my gallbladder because i read the symptoms of the gallbladder problems  and they also fit the way im feeling expecially with the heartburn and the shoulder blade pain that causes pain to go through to the right side of my chest so im thinking its more that them being pregnant but lets hope for the best and that i m pregnant if not i guess all i can do is just keep on trying i got my doctor to refer me to a gyno to help with my fibromyaliga pain with my period xause they can help but also so the gyno can help me with getting pregnant and to make sure theres nothing wrong with me thats stoping me from geting pregnant  my app. not till march so untill then lets just hope that my period doesnt come this month and that i am finally pregnant so i wil write back on here when i have either found out if i'm pregnant or after my gyno app. and have found out whats wrong 

hi again its now january 20th i still have had no luck getting pregnant but ive had alot of stress my grandma got in a car accident and my sister in la just found out shes pregnant after a couple of months trying happy for her though but also i have had kinda high blood pressure its usually been 145 over 90 but i went to the doctors the other day and now i have to record my blood pressure over the next 6 weeks because when i went there my blood pressure was 170 over 104 which yes i know is very bad but he said stress could be part of the reason why and my doctor refered me to a gyno but gotta wait till march which kinda sucks but oh well got myself a basal themometer so i can find out when the best days to try are