Hello all,

I am a 53 year-old quadraplegic that's been abusing hydrocodone and percocet.  This addiction has been going on for over three years.  I recently had surgery to close a pressure wound on my behind - I had this wound for over a year.  My doctor weaned me from hydrocodone(Norco) about a month ago, however, I've been getting percocet 10s for three years from someone who lets them go for 5 bucks each.  What I'm saying is that I keep going back and forth on Percocet.  Detoxing is hell on my cripple body.  I took my last one yesterday and today is pure hell.  I've taken Benedryl[sic] today to try and help, although, to no avail.  About two years ago I found that I really liked chewing and "melting" the pills in my mouth; love the taste if you can believe that.  I'm ready to quit this addiction!  I'm just real scared that I'll relapse when those pills come around again; I always do.  I'm currently  not on any other presription meds.  Any help detoxing and staying clean would be appreciated.

Dear friend,I also D toxed from Norcos,It is hell,Im currently stuck in a neverending circle of Opoid addiction,I quit herion with out taking methadone,and years later Im put on Methadone,I wish I wouldeve LISTENED to my doctor when he got me off Norcos,and stop all pain meds but unfortantly Im an addict.And now Im stuck.Well I went to fill my script and unbenounced too me There is a Nation wide shortage of My Pain meds,so I asked the Pharmisit what too do now??He said talk to your doctor and see if he will give you something else.Thats not aceptable too me so now what Morphine..NO THANK YOU!!any who god bless and I hope you can get off these so that you dont run into the shortage some day..

Hey guys,
Im new to the fourm but I too am going through the DT at home too... I have chrones and with a bit of Dr. shopping I was able to aquire scripts to OC 40's and OC 15 IR for the last 3 years. Lately I have determined to kick this habit once and for all. Ive been through the detox before and it was hell so I am prepping now. Been on a Vicodin ween for the last 10 days... Beleive me this is hard enough to switch from the strongest pain killers to the weakest... Anyways... Right now im down to 25MG of the Hydrocodone a day which is pretty mininal. Im trying to get through this without suboxone... I am so sick of being sick and tired looking for the next fix. I have also been taking valium for anxiety, and seriously it sounds silly but immodiam AD is awesome.

I feel your pain though this is never easy yet I ask myself every freaking time... WHY! AGAIN!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? And get so down on myself its hard to bring yourself back up. My legs hurt, my eyes are watering and im not even detoxing technically yet... UGH. Opiates are pure evil, anything that can make you feel this bad has to be. Keep on fighting the good fight my friends. I find a lil pot (good stuff) helps a heck of a lot too, just throwing it out there :-D.