I have been on methadone for about 3 yrs for chronic back pain. I am currently on suboxone for detox. But my question is why do my legs ache so badly when the meds (both meth and suboxone--not at same time) start to wear off? What can I expect with detox? Is 3 yrs considered a long time? Am I in store for a long recovery? Going back on meth is NOT an option--I am at no risk of going back at all.

I also take Meth for back pain and I go to Pain Mgmt.for it. Iranout of Meth cause they changed my appointment to wed. What will or can I do until then? Katherine

Im on meth for body pain and after 6 yrs have had enough of the stigma.Im now 40 and the hell Im going through is incredible, I have anxiety as I dont know where this will lead,what is to become of me. im going back to pain mg.ment and as my past 14yrs ago, methadone seems to be the drug they are pushing that I should have .I have dried slow release codines with big differences and its not hard on the body.Even helping me to come off this drug. as I have aching bones artharitis yet it seems all other drugs even other opioids are not for my condition.(funny how meth is 1) They just want control, afraid of my past, Im 40 on 10ml, to date and still dropping even through my gp wants me to stop. NO>>>> they can see the real me when Im off. Im treated different anywhere, hospitals, friends, its horrible. Im now 41kg, from 58kg a yr ago. The stress and the pain all leads to anxiety. I wont be going on any more drugs unless I can manage it myself. this is my 4th time coming off why would I ever go back...NEVER!!! Im an addict.Its leads you to the stress and the cycle is ridiculous when all you want is to be comfey. 8 more weeks of this and i dont care how I look they can try the anticonvulsants...what!! again, the other horrible drugs I'll refuse. or even pretend. i spend yrs tying them. I have a daughter my quality of life is terrible.Her mum cant be the best mum, this effects her too. coming off is an emotional rollercoster. My mother has a doctor who diagnosed her with fibromyalgia,whats with my doctor, she never had to go to a pain clinic...its the methadone. red alert, im a drug seeker. i may head to her when I get off the meth. or a private doctor. I left my past behind I dont even know where to get anything these days. who wants to pay through the nose for pain relief.
Always always try the other drugs , in NZ its a 1 dose a day, Id need mine split. it wears out. Whats wrong with the system. if just 1 doctor read my notes from 1990, they .would see. its been gystro, rymo, gyno, nurology, cads.......im over this. good luck. this drug is for 1 use only for people coming off hard drugs. This country doesnt even have H. and i got on methadone for pain through the addiction side,its all im my notes. pain, pain pain. they shouldn't of done so and referred me back to my gp. now im screwed. I could live this way forever.