I am 20 years old and I am having problem with parents. I study biology and recently I developed interest in martial arts. I decided to become a member of local aikido club. My parents think that practicing aikido three times a week would take a lot of time from my learning and are concerned that my grades will drop. How can I convince them? Having problem with parents is not what I need right now.

No one needs those kinds of problems. If you firmly decided to engage in some physical activity, which is a good thing, you must not neglect your college obligations. If you keep your grades at the same level as before, that should be a sign, clear enough, for your parents that you can manage both activities without a problem. You must realize that they are just concerned for your future living. I mean they are your parents and that is their job.

That is a good point, but not an answer.

Here's something that your parents will want to hear, training in any martial art takes disapline. By practicing disapline, your mental focus can increase and your reflexes and reaction time can become a lot better. It makes alot of things more clear, then again, it all depends on what kind of person you are.