Hi, I have a problem I dont know what to do about. I cant do without my sleeping pills. At first I used to take them sporadically, but now I cannot fall asleep without the sleeping pills. I dont even try to go to bed without taking a sleeping pill first. I think I am addicted. What should I do?

Hi, if you cannot go to sleep without your sleeping pills, then you are probably addicted to them. You didnt say if you are taking prescription sleeping pills or over the counter ones. In any case you shouldnt do anything on your own. If you stop taking your sleeping pills at once, you might experience some serious withdrawal symptoms. That is why you should talk to a doctor about your situation. Only a professional will be able to help you overcome this problem. I can see that your main worry is who you will be able to have a normal sleeping schedule without the sleeping pills. In order to achieve this you will have to make certain life style changes. It is very important to minimize the stressful situations that prevent you from having a good night sleep. Also, going to bed at the same time every night is very helpful. There are even some diet changes you can make to help you have a good night sleep. But, I am sure the doctor will talk to you about all this as you slowly get off your sleeping pills.