My mother has been suffering from diabetes almost ten years now. She is handling it very well and my brother and I are helping as much as we ca. She is 71 year old now and experiencing new problems. It seem that she is having some trouble with her fingers. Her palm and finger are becoming stiff, that is how she described. She said that she already called the doctor who told her that she might have trigger fingers and to come for evaluation. Is there a link between diabetes and trigger fingers?

Yes, there is. This condition, called trigger fingers is more often met in people who have diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. As for the treatment, it depends on the severity of problem. If it is something minor, a simple rest would heal everything. Injections might be given, even though they help only temporary. If the problem becomes bigger, surgical option is also available.