A colleague of mine has got vasculitis fingers. She says that it is very painful and that it hurts all day long. Can anyone perhaps explain to me what it is that happens to your hands when you have vasculitis fingers? I would be grateful for something in plain English too :-). Thank you so much for any replies.

People with vasculitis have inflamed blood vessels. This can strike in many forms, like widening, narrowing, blocking, and more. With Rheumatoid Vasculitis which strikes in the fingers, it often manifests itself in the form of small sores around the nails, and perhaps a slight rash. It can be painful indeed, though there is medication available.

Hello again and thank you so much for answering my question! So when you say there are treatments around, are those just pain relief or do these attack the route cause of the condition? Will my colleague have this for the rest of her life now, or can it clear up some time in the future? Thanks again.