I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst in the first month of my pregnancy. Since the cyst was huge, it was surgically removed. When I was undergoing this surgery, I was in the fourth month of pregnancy. However, when the cyst was sent for evaluation it was diagnosed as borderline cyst. I am worried so much what does it mean, so I would appreciate anything you could tell me about borderline cysts.

I am not a doctor, and I cannot confirm your diagnosis, or give you exact info about borderline cyst. However, I am woman who had the same experience, so I could tell you how it goes with me. I was also diagnosed with borderline cyst during my pregnancy. Since the cyst has been removed, my doctor says that I may not need to do anything further. I was not calm; I was just wondering are there chances of any other complications. I could not stop wondering do I need to take chemotherapy. Then I went to my doctor asking him are borderline cysts treated more as malignant or more as benign. He told me that about 15% of ovarian tumors are referred to as borderline, because of their appearance and behavior under the microscope is halfway between benign and malignant. Borderline tumors may also be referred to as low malignant potential tumors. He said it is the most important to have it reviewed by a gynecologist and oncologist who would review the pathology and based on characteristics of the tumor.