My Pap showed that I’m HPV infected. So what actually HPV is and how I got infected. And also would like to hear if HPV is related to HIV? Thanks

HI! I’m one with HPV but I don’t have HIV. And researches say that woman having HPV bat are not HIV affected have better chances to reduce their HPV. HPV means human papillomavirus that is transmitted in sexual intercourses. And the transmition of the virus can not be reduced by using a condom for the genital area warts may shed virus to unprotected skin. Woman who is HIV positive may experience higher risk of getting HPV infection that is hard to treat afterwards. Actually presence of HIV means that the immunity system is compromised and the chances of getting HPV are much bigger than in woman who is HIV negative. And on the other hand a reduced ability of the immune system to control HPV infection may lately result in the development of HPV-related disease such as genital warts or even a dysplasia which is actually a precancerous condition.