does anyone here have vesicoureteral reflux? I am 43 yrs old and have been diagnosed with this. Supposely, its a result of the bladder rupture that I had during a csection 10 yrs ago when I was giving birth to my son. I have had problems since that day. I keep constant infections as well as have kidney pain and spasms.

hi, i'm 41 yr old female with history of uti's over 10yrs, diagnosed finally in may. i am waiting for a procedure whereby silicon is injected around the ureters as they enter the bladder. should have had it done in june but as its so rare in adults hospital have been unable to obtain the needles required. my reflux was not from trauma. docs say i am missing longitudinal muscle around ureters, hence silicone or similar to be injected and hopefully act same as muscle. can't believe actually speaking (ok typing) to another sufferer!! :-D

:-D Im excited that we have connected too...its hard to find another adult with almost the same problems....even tho I am sorry that u are having to deal with this...its tough.

I am assuming that u are talking about a procedure called Deflux.....I am not a candidate for that. I have a megaureter on the left side. Deflux wont help with that.

I cant get rid of my infections. They come at least every 4 to 5 weeks now...hardly ever is there a time that I am not on antibiotics. I carry about 2 to 3 bacterias at one time...these show in all my cultures. They have managed to get rid of 2 of them and I am now fighting the last one. Its called Klebsiella Pneumonia...I think I spelled that right. Im taking Bactrum/Septra which is a sulfa drug. If these dont work, they are talking about a hospital stay for 14 to 21 days for IV meds.

I am now gettin sceduled to see another doctor...which will be doctor number 7 for me....but he is more of a kidney doc than a bladder doc. Im hopin he can do something to fix my problem. They are talking about uteral reimplantation, but not so sure that it will work and be effective. This is simply because my bladder dont empty completely due to the bladder rupture. The nerves at the base of the bladder are damaged.

How bad have ur infections gotten?