Hello, my friends. My kid has been diagnosed with vesicourethral reflux. I think we should treat it with surgery, but I am still not sure. I would like to know what kind of kidney disorders we could expect if we didn't go for this option. I hope someone will answer me this. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. Vesicoureteral reflux is a disorder where urine returns from bladder to ureter which is opposite of normal urine flow. The blockage in urine flow may cause some severe consequences. One of them is hydronephros. Urine is kept in a kidney. Eventually, it is full with urine while normal structures are destroyed. It resembles to a sac full with fluid. I know that surgery is reserved for more severe cases. You should consider this option with your kid’s doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!