I am 43 yrs old. I have been diagnosed with a mega ureter and reflux to the left kidney. My urologist doesnt think that fixing the ureter will help me much because he cant say that it wont stretch out again. The reflux is painful, the kidney spasms are painful and the infections are awful.
Is there another adult on this board that has had this problem and has had it surgically fixed with good results?

Children have this done all the time and they get good results. There is a high success rates too.
Best Regards

Yeah..I have researched it alot and find most info on children. Its hard to find other adults that suffer from this.
My urologist now says that he dont recommend the surgery to fix the reflux because he thinks it may cause obstruction and other issues.
He says Im colonized with bacteria so it will not cut down on my infections.

My Infectious Disease Physician that is treating me for a UTI - Klebsiells Pneumonia - says that my reflux is what is keeping me infected and he recommends surgery as soon as he can get me infection free.

Now I have 2 docs with different opinions.