I'm 21 years old and a virgin.. I haven't been to a doctor in years due to the fact that I'm terrified of them and have panic attacks.

For a while (since like 7th grade), i've suffered from 'chilled stomachs' where I get severe diarrhea and cramping. It sometimes gets so bad I feel like i'm going to be sick. It's usually caused by stress or sometimes after I eat dessert or a certain food, but other times it just happens. I'm constantly worried about it when I go out and have had to cancel plans because of it. I carry imodium around with me wherever I go. This usually happens about 5-10 times a month.

I also have constipation quite a bit where I won't go to the bathroom for like 3-4 days at a time. Then when I do, it's usually the diarrhea. If I DON'T have diarrhea, my stool is usually in little pebbles and all broken up.. not normally in the long S shape it's supposed to be. I've also noticed fresh bright red blood in it as well as white mucus. It doesn't happen all the time, but I do notice it sometimes.

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my period is 10 days late. Like I said before, I'm a virgin, and my periods have always been pretty regular. 10 days is the latest i've ever been, and that was quite a long time ago. Although I do admit, it made be due to work related stress.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms or have an idea what might be wrong? And how can I get over my fear of going to the doctor?

I know what you have because I have the same thing! It's called IBS or IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME. It's a pain to have and sometimes doctors aren't very helpful with it because each person's case is different. Your best bet is to drink lots of water, regularly exercise, and definitely take a fiber supplement! (That's what I'm doing.)

I know what you have because I've had the same thing for over six years. It's called IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Going to the doctor for this sometimes is useless because they have a hard time prescribing any meds since everyone's case is different. Currently, my doctor just has me do the general answer to this: drink water regularly, get regular exercise, and take fiber supplements every day! Oh yeah, avoid caffeine! (I have lots of trouble with this, but it definitely sets it off.)

It could be Chrones. Google "Chrones". I hope it helps, there are medications that can help you. My mom has Chrones.