My mother thinks that I have scalp folliculitis and that I need to go to doctor because of that. I think that it isn’t so necessary. But I have a problem with shaving now. And I need some advice from you. What kind of treatment is there for scalp folliculitis? Thanks!

The therapy will depend on the type and severity of your infection. Doctors usually recommend antibiotic that you apply to your skin or that you take by mouth. But remember, self-care measures are the best treatments for this condition. Shaving with an electric razor can help and shave in the direction of the hair growth.

hi there.

totally! it will also depend on signs and symptoms of folliculitis as well. when we are talking about the treatment, every doctor will treat this type of bacterial infection with an antibiotic. usually those antibiotics are mupirocin or an oral antibiotic as dicloxacillin, penicillin, methicillin or vancomycin. this is something that your doctor can recommend you and they are usually really effective. but you should also know that sometimes those infections are very adaptable to antibiotics, and that means that maybe the patient will use stronger and more toxic medications. that is why visiting the doctor and testing is important to identify the bacteria causing the infection just to know what is the best way to treat your problem.