I have heard that child with nephritis might die of potential complications of severe hypertension. It could be that child die because of cerebral hemorrhage, or complications of renal failure. I found it scary so I want to hear if that is true. Can you tell me more about this problem and disease called nephritis? Could anyone actually die because of this?

That is true some complications could occur together with nephritis, the same with any disease. This might be great problem and sometimes even lead to child’s death. Generally, fatal outcome in the world is rare, and I cannot say this is common problem that nephritis causes death. Nephritis is an older term used to denote clinically a child with decreased renal function, hematuria, hypertension, and edema. Technically, nephritis suggests a noninfectious inflammatory process involving the nephron. I have to tell you that glomerulonephritis is a more precise term then nephritis. Diseases producing nephritis are usually classified as primary or secondary. Most children with hematuria and decreased renal function who do not have a presentation consistent with postinfectious nephritis receive a renal biopsy. A second use of the term nephritis is to describe tubulointerstitial nephritis, which is a group of unrelated inflammatory disorders. Those disorders mainly affect the interstitium and renal tubules initially, so if the inflammatory process continues unabated, progressive loss of glomeruli and nephrons occurs, but rarely death.