I would like to know what are some of the side effect I would have if i do an abortion.

I had bleeding. cramping, and i had to watch for a fever. i think i had to take my temp. every hour for the first day or so. the bleeding was similar to a period and the cramping hurt but wasn't umbearable.

First let me say that I am a non-judgemental person.
Yes I have had an abortion 5 years ago, but I would not go through it again, but that is just me.
The side effects that I had are intense cramping, heavy bleeding and head aches.
If you are thinking of doing this because you are young and don't think that your parents are going to take the news very well, weigh our your options. For myself, it was the right thing to do at the time, but looking back on it, I wish I hadn't. I now am a mother of 2 beautiful boys (3 & 1) and I always think "what if".
I am not sure where you live, but I am in Ontario and I know of a few places (and would be willing to help you look for others in your area) that help teens through pregnancy and delivery and raising children.
There is also adoption (both open and closed) that you can look into. If you would like some help out side of the forum with this, please let me know and I would be more that happy to lend you a hand.
All the best luck now and in the future, and remember, this is your decision to make and no one elses. They are not the ones that have to live with the decision.
Good Luck :-D

Hey,
I am doing a report on abortions. Myself, I don't think they're right. To me they are killing living things and I agree, it is the person who is in that situations decision. Your information about what your side effects did, will help me write my report because I can use you as an example of someone the side effects happened to. I will make your name a suitanym or something like that so no one will know your name. I just want to say thank you for your information, because for you it was a choice that may have an effect on what others do. You set an example especially when you say "what if"...
Thanks again,
Shay :!:

Guest wrote:

Hey,
Thanks again,
Shay :!:

Hunny go get a text book or go to a family planning center to get a leaflet or something. Try understand it's a touchey subject with women that have had a termantion.

i think that abortions are stupid...they should be illegal...to me it is killing an innocent person...its murder...the baby didnt choose its parents YOU did so live up to your consquences...have the baby be a good mother,do the best you can! :-D

I agree, it is an extremely touchy subject and you don't know how you will react until you are put in the situation. Please do not say it is 'killing' because it isn't...you have no idea what people go through everyday after they have had a termination. You may not agree with it and that's personal opinion but don't post such a thing on the internet, which is judgemental and hurtful to many!

I do believe in abortion. I personally would never have one but i would not like to have other peoples views imposed on me. First of all you will not be killing a child you will be getting rid of a mass of tissue. I don't really consider a featus a living or once living human. There can be complications during pregnancy. there are many reasons i am pro-choice like over-population is a serious issue. Also in the case of rape it must be hard waking up every morning remembering how you got pregnant.

It is killing a living thing , you can try to sugar coat it all you want to ease your guilt , but that is the truth.. it is a barberic procedure that has no excuse...I have been through horrible experiences in my life and I had to be responsible enough to give my babies the gift of life and I'm not going to lie, it was very hard at first but the blessings of seeing my precious children far outwayed the mishaps . If you are going to engage in sex, then you need to truely think of the consequences of your actions!! Abortion is not another birth control method!!

i had an abortion 7 months ago, i was 15 years old, i was distraught at knowing i was pregnant, and even more distraught knowing what i had to do, it was never my intention to get pregenant. i consider my punishment being the pain i went thru that day, and for the month, experiencing excrushiating stomach cramps, dizzyness, headaches etc. i also consider my punishment the guilt i carry round with me today. i do regret doing it, as i do wonder hwo things would be different now? but i know for me it was the best possible option i had. please dont say 'your killing it' thats really harsh, and not true. many woman and young girls, do ave feelings, and all have there reasons for doing it.

How dare you people be so judgemental??? I HAD no choice but to have one done...My baby that was very much wanted had Trisomy 18, 21 and Cystic hygroma and hydrops ( look them up) It was also a life threatning situation for me...so f*$% off and dont judge people...you never know what you will face in YOUR life.

i'm 12 weeks pregnant today and my baby has a heartbeat and brain ways it also has toes and fingers which i can see in the ultarsound.... i believe it is killing if you just don't want it... i understand if you get one becasue you were rapped or need to get it so you don't hurt yourself or your unborn child because of a medical reason ... i carry the genes for cystic fibrosis....i would do anything to keep the child if my boyfriend carries the gene too but i don't think i could put my child through that pain...yes the abortion will be painful both for me and for my boyfriend....

how could yoo av an abortion! esp after 11 weks then it is a living thing
at three week it has a heart 6 yoo can pick up brain waves and 11 it has all organs and they r workin! how could yoo destroy tht?

I have had a termination too and I agree it should not be used just as a birth control. I had mine after I was raped and I believe it should be used as a last case scenario. When I had my termination done it happened just a day before I was 12 weeks and I was pregnant with twins. Everyday I wonder what they may have been and what they would be like. After the termination I hated seeing pregnant people because I really wanted to keep them but didn't want to remember how they were conceived. I now have 2 girls 3 and 2 and one on the way. It is entirely up to you if you have a termination as you are the one who has to live with the decision.
Good luck.

abortion is not "killing" the baby...I belive it is ok to decide to have an abortion. No one can judge this topic until them thereself is in this sort of situation. Its absolutely horrible. So all you hyprocytes should try to keep you mouths shut. You would have an abortion if you had an unexpected pregnancy...especially if you were underage...leave the teens and other woman alone.