Is abortion or medical abortion the only options even though I'm only 2 weeks pregnant? If so, what is the medical abortion like?

You have a couple different options at this point. You can decide to parent, give the baby up for adoption or terminate the pregnancy. Beings that you are only 2 weeks pregnant, the medical abortion would be an option. The surgical method (D&E - dilation and extraction or D&C - dilation and cureattage) are usually used after 4 weeks gestation. The medical abortion uses 2 pills to stop the pregnancy. Don't be fooled. The medical abortion may sound easier, but you should research your options before you decide anything.

Like I said, the medical abortion uses 2 pills - 1 pill is given by the doctor in the clinic to begin the process of the abortion and the 2nd pill is taken later either at home or at another clinic visit about 4-7 days later. Be aware that there is a substancial amount of pain once the second pill is inserted into the vagina. The pill (usually "miso" or cytotec) acts by dilating the uterus and helps to expell the contents of the uterus. This can be quite a painful process. There will be a large amount of bleeding that accompanies this method. A lot of the time, a woman can pass clots that are the size of oranges. This can be problematic for anyone who has conditions such as anemia or any bleeding disorders. Be aware that the fetus does pass as a single unit- this usually takes place at home. This can be very traumatic for some people.

I hope you make the right decision. I know that dealing with being pregnant is really tough. I wish you the best!

When you miss your period you are automatically 4 weeks, as they do not determine pregnancy from conception, but from your last period.

Surgical abortion is the fastest and easiest method of abortion for most women, and it involves less bleeding than medical abortion.

Early surgical aboriton takes about 5 minutes, and is done with suction aspiration, SCRAPING is not done early in pregnancy, only suction is needed.

I HAD AN ABORTION, I WAS 6 WEEKS. AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT I HAVE EVER MADE. I THINK ABOUT IT EVERYDAY. HAVE YOUR BABY, IF YOU HAVE AN ABORTION YOU WILL NEVER FORGET IT! YOU WILL THANK ABOUT IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! JUST THINK FIRST! :$

NOT everyone regrets abortion. I am sorry YOU do, BUT I am happy about my abortions, just as many women are.

daniRN22 wrote:

Guest wrote:

wat if after taking these pills ,there is only a bit of spotting ,for a few days ,then u find out u still pregnant??will this damage the baby if u then decide to keep it ?

DID you take the abortion pill, or the morning after pills? Those are TWO totally DIFFERENT things. The abortion pill DOES cause deformities.

The abortion pill is completely different from the morning after pill. If you decide to do the abortion pill (medical abortion) and it does not work (2-3% chance) you usually have to agree beforehand that you will have an in clinic abortion as this pill could cause problems if pregnancy does not successfully terminate.

hello, can I have your email id so i can contact you in person? Newly  married here and not sure if my wife is pregnant, it has definitely brought up lot of tension between us as we're  not  prepared for a baby now. I'd need some personal guidance. plz help.

how to abort a 3 weeks pregnancy? please help because I'm not yet ready to be a father

Hi Manny,

There's an old joke that says the only response a man can have when their woman is pregnant is: "I'm so happy" OR "So what are YOU going to do?" A man, in good conscience, cannot convince a woman to do anything she does not want to do. It is her body and ultimately her choice. If you try to force her to get an abortion when she has no interest in it, she will grow to resent you and that is the last thing you need as newlyweds.

If she is open to abortion, but would rather not because you are married, you may be able to point out to her the things you both may be giving up to have a baby: cost of child care, time off work, loss of free time, etc.

If she does not mind giving up all her personal freedoms, then congratulations you might be a dad. Even if unplanned, a child can still be a blessing.

Either way, you need to know that she needs your love and support more now than ever. Remember: abortion is only an option if the woman is open to it.

Best wishes :)

I need your help,, I'm 15 and think I'm pregnant. Only I know and my parents cant find out. What do I do!?

I am 17 weeks pregnant and 21. My husband and I are broke and currently renting a room from my parents. I never considered aborting my baby because as a teenager i ride all the side effects from it and how the procedures are done. It broke my heart then to realize what the child went through in my womb during an abortion. It makes me nauseous now. I dont cast judgement or blame on ANYONE who has an abortion. Its not my place, my job is to love everyone and always have an open heart and arms for others. here are some links to articles about the side effects of abortion and how the procedures are done. I know I am replying late to this stream of opinions.But I thought I would respond for anyone in the future who are considering an abortion. Again, I love all and don't cast judgement on ANYONE, its not place.

Here are some links:

http://www.cirtl.org/syndrome.htm

http://www.freedomtolearn.org/ftl_abortioneffects.html

http://www.knowledgeisempowering.com/abortion.html

You need to tell your parents sweetheart. You need to completely educate yourself on everything about abortion. The different procedures and how it is done, ALL the side effects. I know this is a tough time in your life, even without being pregnant. Remember, abortion is NOT your only option. Adoption is always available. If you choose to have this baby, whether you keep it or give it to a loving and caring family who cant have children of their own, find a local support group. Look for a Pregnancy center in your area, not a Planned Parenthood (thats if you decide not to abort), they will give you everything you need and point you in the direction you need to go to get financial help and medical if you need it. Most even provide maternity clothes, baby clothes, diapers, bottles, formula, carseats, strollers, and most importantly counselling. If you keep this child, life will be hard, but if you abort this child, life will be hard as well. I love you and I'm praying for you and your baby.

look madamme  first take a test to make sure you are pregnant and if you are talk to your parents and if you think you aint goin to make then think about adoption abort is not an answer please give a home and full that baby of love look their is alot of couple like me and my husband seeking to complete their home and fill it with love and joy please God would love for that baby to complete a family and learn of God's love