I am 47, had a tubal ligation(clipped, burnt, and banded) over 23 years ago. This past year my cycle have been off a little in days, been a long time since I've skipped weeks.  I've taken a pregnancy test and its negative. I've spoke with the nurse at my gyno office, and she tells me to please not stress, this is normal that I am in the beginning stages of menopause.  However I can't help but worry what is wrong, I don't have any insurance. If I am pregnant I need to know early as I am sure I cannot have a baby.  The nurse did say that with today's testing its pretty accurate.  But I am so scared, its like I'm in a living hell until my period appears.  Any opinons for me, please?

I am going through the same issues, except I have had my cycle regularly since the 9th grade back in the 80's (LOL) I too am 47 years old, I had my tubes tied 23 years ago but they were only banded.....I have had a regular cycle until June 2014,,,,,missed July, August, had a slight cycle in September (my regular 5 days)......no cramps no bloating, I have now missed October and November....but I am and have been having symptons of being pregnant ever since I missed August......but had 2 negative tests.....I spoke to  a nurse friend of mine, and she says it does not sound like menopause.......because I do not have any of the other symptons of menopause.....Called me puzzled?????? Any ideas....