Can some one please explain what the difference between thythoid glands and the tonsils are? (i DONT THINK i SPELT THAT RIGHT!!)
Cheers Troy

Although the tonsils and thyroid gland are close they have different functions. Tonsils are so called immunocompetent tissue that is acting like defensive mechanism of first line against ingested pathogens. When they fail to do this, they usually tend to get inflamed and this condition is called tonsillitis.

Thyroid on other hand is a gland that is largest endocrine gland in the body. This gland regulates the speed of energy consumption of body. It also makes proteins and controls the sensitivity of production of hormones of other glands.

Why are you asking this? Have you had any complications with any of these organs? Conditions that may happen are curable but sometimes surgery is necessary.

I hope this helped

hi i have throat pain my daughter said it is tonsils but my friends are telling it is thyroid so i am confuse please help me to sort out this issue

I feel I have both thyroid and tonsils. I m confused. Ent doc. Says I have tonsils. Some other days thyroid. Is it possible to have both

hi, i suffer tonsils since age of 2. now im 21 but my weight loss drastically. from 56 to 51 maintain and i lose my appetite. but i dont feel hungry and my bowel movement getting fast each time i eat something. what it is actually? does it related with my tonsil problem or what? plus i got low blood pressure. thank you, hope u reply it

yep a nice information

I want to know this both stop getting pregnancy?

My husband has extremely enlarged glands in the neck which are growing inwards and have made him choke

So I have dentist stating probably need tonsils remove, but per ultra sounds of thyroid shows 2 “small”cysts that are being watched. I am thinking remove now before the cysts get larger? Any ideas if this would cause tonsils to always be large?