Hello. I'm 16 year old male and I'm having serious skin problems. Although I'm very satisfied with the way I look because I'm toll and playing basketball for several years now- I'm not satisfied with the my skin health. I have developed really serious acne problem. These last couple of months I have used several anti acne products and neither one could help me. What the hell is going on with me!?
Doctor told me that the main problem isn’t in my hygiene but in my sebaceous glands that are becoming overactive in puberty! What are these sebaceous glands and what is their purpose anyway?

Hi. Trust me- every teenager would like to have these sebaceous glands removed somehow but no one really knows how important they are. They secrete an oily substance called sebum that is made of fat and the dead fat-producing cells.
Main purpose of this sebum is that it acts to protect and waterproof hair and skin, and keep them from becoming dry, brittle, and cracked. It has even mild weak bactericidal and fungistatic properties.
You probably know that Sebaceous glands are stimulated by androgenic hormones which peak of production is in puberty. That’s why you have all those problems with controlling them. A blocked sebaceous gland can result in a sebaceous cyst.

don't mention! I had problems with it when I was a teen and I was really ashamed. I remember that one huge, verryyyy huge cysts appeared on my nose. I was in high school back then and I felt really ashamed because - there is no way that I was able to hide it. The bad thing is that I never was thinking to search for sebaceous cyst on face treatment and I was squeezing it after I was taking a shower. I made a huge wound if I can call it like that. It is true that every teenager has problems with this, but you should be smart and not push if this just doesn't want to go. See your doctor and follow his advice.