i have the swollen glands at side , in front of throat and directly under jaw the gland right in front and under chin is really large and firm , its hurting to swallow even just liquids and saliva , when i swallow im getting some pain at base of ears , i had my tonsils out 25 yrs ago , it even hurts just to yawn , i have been sucking on lozenges but they dont help much , been having bad head aches on /off ????? any suggestions please , cant get a doctors appt 4 another 2 weeks , and i dont believe in wasting emergency room doctors time wit none life threatening problems

What you describe sound a lot like a strep throat, but without a main sign – swollen tonsils. But, even if you had your tonsils out, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get a strep infection and one of signs of strep is that glands on the sides of the neck become swollen. Do you have fever? That’s the most important thing. And how long ago did you notice the glands? I know that every single time I have a sore throat I also have a headache, my doctor said it was because of the fever, even if it’s small. Problem is, if you do have fever, then your throat is probably infected, but it can’t wait two weeks for you to get antibiotics – you need to get them a lot sooner.