Hi, i am male and 18 yrs old and for the past few months i have been having difficulty breathing, symptoms such as, the urge to take a deep breath, feels like when i breath i don't take enough air in and so i have to take a deep breath to satisfy it and even then it don't always work, i had this about 4-5 years ago and got really worried so i went to the hospital and they done chest x-rays and said everything was fine, they also made me blow into a tube thing that tests your lung strength and my lungs where fine they said, after that it sort of went for ages, but now its come back and it lasts near enough all day, but if i am outside with mates enjoying my self it rarely happens, it mostly happens when i am in doors not doing much or outside doing the same, i also smoke if that makes a difference, i have also had the feeling my heart misses a beat (best way to describe it) but this hardly happens. people have said its stress or anxiety but it don't feel like that at all, all though last September my girl friend had my baby aborted but at the time it didn't really affect me that much also i have just recently broke up with the girl in question so do you think that has anything to do with it? please give me some advice if you can, thank you. Marc

Stressful life events can indeed aggravate anxiety disorder. Chest exercises such as bench presses and push ups can help you breathe better. Why not join a fitness center for a change, and make physical fitness your goal.

I think that you may be having difficulty breathing because you do smoke! I am thinking that you may have some sort of issue like that because it sounds to me like that's causing your issues. Have you seen a doctor about this recently? I know that they did tests on you awhile ago but it should be something they shoudl check again. Can you go back to see a doctor?

I have these problems aswell. I'm 18 years old and am suffering the same conditions for some time. I'm sure it's not the smoking that causes the trouble, since I don't smoke. I have no idea how to solve it either. Have you maybe found the awnser to it yet? I can't sleep either because I can't catch my breath, and my heart skips a beat pretty often. I also feel dizzy/light headed often lately. I took an asthma tests at the docter, and failed it twice. I took bloodtests twice. They can't seem to find it. Is it something I should get worried about? It all gets harder by the day since I don't sleep well, and it effects what I'm thinking and doing. I'd love to hear how I can solve this.

Thanks.