Hello. Over than a month I'm experiencing problems with sore throat and inflammated tonsils.
I thought it was caused by some trivial bacterial infection and that I will recover soon but I uses I was wrong. Not only that my symptom didn’t disappear but I started to suffer from low-grade fever and enlarged lymph nodes located in the neck.
I was wondering what could be the cause. I know now that it is not some trivial infection.
Should I consider maybe diphtheria as a possible cause?
Thanks!

Well, you have shown that you have all the answers.
It could easily be diphtheria as a cause of your problems. I know it sounds a bit serious and uncommon but I insure you that Diphtheria is common in many parts of the world.
No meter what we say about it, Diphtheria is a very contagious and potentially life-threatening bacterial disease. It is very far from some trivial throat infection.
Diphtheria is caused by bacterium called Corynebacterium diphtheriae, The bacterium produces a toxin (poison) that is carried in the bloodstream.
It spreads from person to person very easily because people get diphtheria by breathing in bacteria after an infected person has coughed or sneezed.
The best possible treatment is early acting. The person should be given a diphtheria antitoxin to fight the diphtheria poison and antibiotics to fight the bacteria. Good luck!