I have been reading a lot about Scarlet fever, and ways for preventing it. Since I know the bacterial infections that cause scarlet fever are contagious, I know prevention is important. A child who has scarlet fever can spread the bacteria to others, so I found it almost impossible to prevent. That is why I am more interested now into accessible treatment options for Scarlet fever once it is diagnosed.

That is true Scarlet fever is contagious and it is easily transmitted from person to person. The most common way of transmission is through nasal and throat fluids by sneezing and coughing. If a child has a skin infection caused by streptococcus bacteria, such as impetigo, it can be passed through contact with the skin. In everyday life, there is no perfect way to avoid the infections that cause scarlet fever, as you already concluded. When a child is sick at home, it is always safest to keep that child's drinking glasses and eating utensils separate from others. Important is to wash your hands frequently as you care for a child with a streptococcus infection. Once that Scarlet fever occurs, treatment should start. First, his or her doctor will usually take a throat culture, which is a painless swab of throat secretions, to see if the bacteria grow in the laboratory. Once a streptococcus infection is confirmed, the doctor will likely prescribe an antibiotic. Usually, antibiotic for Scarlet fever should be taken for about 10 days. The doctor may also prescribe medicines to treat the skin rash as well.