Hello. I'm 25 year old female and I'm worried for my little baby. I have a small 2 years old daughter and she means everything to me.
Just recently I have noticed that her throat and tonsils are redder than normal. I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I though it will resolve by it self. But not only that it didn’t but I have also noticed swollen glands in the neck and fever.
I took her immediately to see a doctor and he told me that this is probably some mild form of tonsillitis and prescribed her some antibiotics. So, I would like to find out more information about this and possible ways to avoid it in a future!

Hello. Like your doctor told you, this is benign health state and you don’t have to be worried at all because it is very common especially among younger children.
The tonsils’ job is to catch germs before they cause infections in the throat, mouth, or sinuses. During this, sometimes they get infected.
Beside the symptoms you’ve mentioned, a child may also experience loss of appetite, chills, and fever above 38.3 degrees Celsius.
Tonsillitis may be caused by either viruses or bacteria. The bacterial tonsillitis is easily treated with antibiotics but the viral tonsillitis is much more complicate to treat and in that case body will fight off the infection on its own. However, medication can be prescribed to alleviate the symptoms.