Hi. I suffer from chronic headaches and my doctor told me I have migraine. These headaches are really painful. Now, a vision problem has occurred. My vision is somehow blurred and sometimes I have flashing lights in my left eye. Is there a connection between headaches and vision problems?

Hi. Yes, headaches and vision problems are related. Blurred vision, blind spots, flashing lights in one eye, and distortions of vision (zigzag lines) are in some sort of a connection with migraine. However, most headaches do not result from vision problems. I also suffer from migraine, but my vision is clear. Sometimes I feel dizzy. I treat my condition with Midrin and some pain killers.

Hi there,
You have to understand that blurred vision is often accompanied with headaches. The fact that you have migraines tells me that this is neurological issue and that you have to find a way to get rid of the migraines and I think that your vision will improve as well. How long have you had this condition? I think that no matter the migraines you have to check your vision as well in order to see if you don’t have cataract which might cause the headaches in the first place. Has your doctor told you that you need to check your eyes? I hope this helped in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco